41. Don't Leave Me

Art by @Louminouz on Twitter

Results for the plot of this chapter:
1. Sad Dream- 4 votes

2. Destructive/minor terrorism Dream- 2 votes

Dream POV

I sit in the bed, crying like I've been doing for the past 4 days.

Four days isn't exactly the time frame but just go with it.

Y/N told me Goodnight and went to finish setting up our new base. I woke up and she was gone. Punz had no idea where she went and she didn't leave any messages or clues to her whereabouts.

I haven't eaten much, except for some fruit and meat. I could have gone hunting but part of me thinks that she left me for whatever reason. Was it something I did?

I lie in bed all day, thinking about her. Why she left, if she's coming back. I want to believe that she will but I have a bad feeling she isn't.

I close my eyes and let the tears fall.

"Y/N," I sob, crying myself to sleep. "Why did you leave me? Please come back"

Y/N POV

I travel through the nether and into a portal to the Overworld. I hope Techno will be alright alone. I know that he can get lonely so the first thing I need to do is send a message to Phil.

I wait under a tree until the sun is at its highest point in the sky, signaling moon.

Almost on cue, a black crow flies down and lands on a branch near me.

I pull out a piece of paper and quill and ink before writing.

Dear Phil,

I went to find Techno is the nether and discovered he was king of the piglins, despite being an anarchist. He had his reasons to become king but long story short, he decided to step down and go back to his home in the North. He misses you and would be happy if you went back to live with him. If you're happy in the End Dimension, I understand and I'm sure he will too. I'll let him tell you his reasons on why he chose to become king and why he chose to leave. It will mean more coming from him. I hope you make the choice that you think is best. I miss you already and I hope to see you again!

Y/N

I fold up the letter and hand it to the crow. It caws before grasping it tightly in its beak and flapping away. A black shape against the clouds.

I move swiftly through the forest until I reach the Smp. Putting in my mask and being careful to avoid anyone, I sneak towards the community house and enter my concealed base in the hill. Although it's right next to the nether portal, the blocks used make it soundproof so no one can hear.

I'm really worried about Dream. I feel bad about not telling him I left but I hope he's doing okay at least. I told him I'd never leave him but he didn't believe me the first time I left him in the prison.

I enter the room and see a shape curled under the dark blankets of my bed. I run towards it, pulling off my mask.

Dream lies on his side, curled up in a fetal position with tear stained cheeks.

Oh no.

I grab his journal from the drawer and flip through the pages.

Why did Y/N leave me? Did I do something to upset her?

Is she coming back?

She didn't even say goodbye.

Please come back.

I love you.

My heart shatters. He thought I left him.

I run my hands along his chest and realize that I can feel his ribs through the hoodie.

Has he been eating?

I rush to prepare a meal of meat, starch, fruit, vegetables, and golden apples and golden carrots. I bring the tray over to the bed and set it on the bedside table. I pull a chair over to the bed and sit next to him, stroking his dirty blonde hair.

"Dream, I'm here. I never meant to leave you" I whisper.

He shifts in his sleep and mumbles something, a tear rolls down his face.

I shake him gently.

"Dream, wake up. I'm here"

After a few minutes, he opens his eyes.

His emerald green eyes are red from crying and his face breaks my heart all over again. He coughs and squints at me.

"Y/N?" His voice is raspy as if he hasn't spoken in days or from crying.

Dream POV

"Dream, I'm here. I never meant to leave you".

No it can't be. It has to be a dream. I've been hearing Y/N in my dreams lately and I just cry. The thought of her brings a tear down my face.

"Dream, wake up. I'm here"

I slowly open my eyes, squinting in the haze of light. A dark shadow is cast over me and my eyes meet familiar Y/E/C eyes.

"Y/N?" I ask hesitantly.

"Dream," her fingers find my cheek and stroke it while brushing away my tears.

"Why did you leave me?" I ask. "I thought you left me for good, again"

She presses her lips to my forehead and whispers into my ear.

"I didn't mean to not tell you. I had to get some family business done and I didn't expect it to take 4 days. I thought I would have been back by morning."

"Wait, family business? You have a family?"

"Well I had to come from somewhere right?"
Y/N smiles warmly and slips her hand into mine.

"Have you eaten?" She asks.

"No. I've just eaten some fruit and leftover meat."

She sighs.
"Here's some food for you" she hands me a tray of meats, starches, fruits, vegetables, and golden carrots and apples.

"Take your time" she pushes me into a sitting position and places the tray on my lap.

Y/N sits back in the chair and watches me as I devour the food.

She takes the tray when I'm done and returns to move the chair away from me.

"Wait," I look at her pleadingly and she turns around. "Please stay with me"

Y/N nods and comes back to me, slipping under the covers and touching my shoulder.

I don't hesitate to curl up against her and bury my face into her stomach.

"Please don't leave me again" I mumble before drifting off to sleep.

"I won't" I hear her whisper.

———————————————————————————

It's currently 3 am and I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. But hey, it's a 3-day weekend because of Martain Luther King day so I have more time to write.

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!