Chapter 2

At the end of spring, rain comes just, as they say, dark clouds in the sky obscured the sun. Gusts of wind roared, towering trees were blown till shaking the branches and leaves. Heavy rain poured out but it didn’t bring much freshness to the world. Only added a little unspeakable dampness.

“Drive!”

“Catch up with them!” On a winding valley between the lofty mountains, two carriages galloped in the rain, followed by more than a dozen horses and each horse was straddling one person. When they saw outside, there two madmen riding close, they all have bad expressions and were extremely vicious. They also had sharp knives in their hands.

“What should I do? They’re going to catch up soon.”

“You guys, hurry up….”

“Grandma Wei, you must think of a way, I don’t want to die…”

“I had no choice but to blame the fifth young master, the evil star is an evil star. Even if he went to countryside, he couldn’t suppress his evil spirit. Once we picked him up, we encountered this kind of thing. How many years hasn’t we encountered such a frenzied robbery on the official road?”

“How can you say that, grandma Wei, fifth young master…”

“What did I say was wrong?” the fast running carriage was tumbling and the people crowded inside were chattering endlessly, occasionally with a few harsh sounds and screaming. Shen Liang sitting at the innermost was dizzy, feeling his internal organs were about to be shattered. After a groan, his thin hands lifted up and caressed his hot forehead. Shen Liang frowned and opened his eyes slightly.

What he can see are two women on the left, one old and one young, and two teenagers on the right who look quick immature wearing burlap.

Qi Yue? Qi Xuan?

Almost immediately, Shen Liang’s pupils shrank,

Didn’t they already…. No, didn’t his eyeballs have been gouged out by the poisonous woman Shen Qiang? How can he see Qi Yue, Qi Xuan who has been dead for many years now? And… what’s going on with grandma Wei and Jin Zhi, who are the head maid of my Dongling Mansion?

“They are getting closer and closer, grandma Wei, you must think of a way,”

“What can an old lady like me do? They are bandits.” The people in the carriage focused on the bandits cashing behind them. Shen Liang, who was not in coma, was awakened. The maid, Jin Zhi was pale and pulled grandma Wei’s arm. Her eyes widened in horror for fear that the carriage would be overturned in the next moment. In contrast, grandma Wei was much calmer.

Because of shock, Shen Liang look around trying to see everything. Suddenly some intermittent images slid into his mind, a touch of sorrow quickly crossed in his eyes. When he remembered it, no wonder that he would find this situation a bit familiar. This is what happened ten years ago, on the way back to Dongling Mansion when I was 15 years old. Since his birth that year, his father Marquis Dongling Shen Ruiting, apart from Shen Qiang has never added another offspring. It is not that his concubines cannot be pregnant, but every time they become pregnant, they will have inexplicable miscarriage. On the contrary, second uncle and third uncle has a strong offspring. Over time, some unpleasant words circulated in Dongling Mansion. Until he was 10 years old, his aunty had a miscarriage after six months of pregnancy. His father was furious and his grandmother asked him to find a Taoist priest. As a result, the Taoist priest insisted that his father’s heirs were not guaranteed. It was all because of the evil star in the mansion. The evil star was his wrecker. If you want to resolve it, you must get rid of the evil star or send him away. Therefore, everyone always hated him. His father ordered him to be sent to the countryside. His elder brother Shen Da also ran away from home because of this accident. But in the end, a thousand arrows pierced his heart and died in battle.