Chapter 29

Meigui Courtyard, Dongling Mansion

“Young lady, I just heard, fifth young master is back.” A little maid hurriedly broke into a courtyard and Shen Qiang who were practicing guqin stopped;

“What a young master, bitch. There’s only one young master here.”

“…” The little maid who consciously said the wrong thing bowed her head deeply and twisted his fingers together.

“And? Did they see the present this young lady gave him?” Shen Qiang was in rare good mood and didn’t embarrassed her. The other maid beside her took a teacup and handed it to her;

“Young lady, here.”

“This…” The little maid was speechless for a while and wanted to say something. But a shout rang out and a little maid also rushed in, Shen Qiang’s expression sank when he saw this. The maid beside her quickly said;

“What kind of demeanour is this?”

“Lu Zhi-jie…” The maid who broke in paused then stepped forward anxiously;

“No, young lady this isn’t good. Fifth young master asked his servant to go to Hexiang Courtyard and invite old madam.”

“What?” Shen Qiang stood up; her eyes widened in shock. The maid beside her recovered first and said;

“No, he must be looking for old madam to complaint. Young lady, let’s go to Madam now.”

“What? Does he have any evidence that I was the one who destroyed his courtyard?” After a brief shock, Shen Qiang quickly calmed down. In the Dongling Mansion, except Qi Yue and Qi Xuan, no one would listen to Shen Liang’s words. Even if he complained to the old madam, who dares to betray her? When there was no one to blame, Shen Liang must be sadder. This was a good thing.

“But young lady let’s talk to Madam.” Lu Zhi, who was two years older than her, frowned. She always felt that it mustn’t be that simple. Under normal circumstances, shouldn’t you go to Madam Shen or Marquis Dongling when you have trouble? But fifth young master went to the old madam, there must be something else in this.

“What is there to say? Just a little matter, let’s go and take a look at his excitement.” Shen Qiang was confident that she had done a good job. She didn’t take Lu Zhi’s words to her heart and was excited to see Shen Liang fooling himself. Lu Zhi, Hong Mei and another maid looked at each other helplessly. When the young lady came back to Shen Liang’s courtyard they disapproved. However, the young lady had been holding grudge these days, persuasion was useless and now she…

Why didn’t young lady understand? Fifth young master looked easy to bully but he has been back for few days, who really being bullied?

After returning back to Dongling Mansion, Shen Liang went out for a day and when he came back, he invited the old madam to his courtyard. This news had been spread all over Dongling Mansion. Liu Shuha who had been worrying about her clan affairs, only felt her eyelids twitching and took a maid to rushed over. How could second family and third family miss such a good show? The three of them arrived at Shen Liang’s courtyard at the same time.

At this time, the old madam had just arrived.

“Grandma!” Shen Liang who was waiting outside his courtyard with Qi Yue, ignored other people and bowed his head to the old madam who walked out from her sedan chair.

“Why are you looking for me in hurry? I heard Xiao Qiao said that you go to Fei Yu Pavilion to get your clothes?” Shen Qiao had already told this matter to her before, now Shen Liang sent someone to find her and come meet him. Even if Shen Liang was useful, the old madam’s face was a bit ugly.

“Grandma…” It seemed that he hadn’t heard her sarcasm and impatience. The moment Shen Liang raised his head, tears rolled down as if he had suffered great grievance. Every one was stunned and didn’t understand what he was trying to do.

“Why are you crying?” After a brief daze, the old madam’s tone softened a little, Zhao Lan immediately followed upon saw him like this;

“What’s wrong with litte five? Could it be someone bullied you?”

“If no one bullied him, can he cry like this?” Lu Yang also quick to replied and pointed out her gaze at Liu Shuhan who had a bad face hearing their conversation.

“Little five, don’t cry anymore. If you keep crying, others may think I bullied you. Tell mother, what is going on?” Ignoring the two women, Liu Shuhan walked toward Shen Liang. She raised her hands to wipe his tears but Shen Liang avoided her and stared at her resentfully.

Liu Shuhan yelled in her heart; little beast dared to make trouble again. The smile on her face was stiffed.

The old madam and others were having a good time watching her. Even Shen Qiao’s previous grievances because of Shen Liang was forgotten. For them, the more chaotic the main family, they could take advantage of it.

“Fifth brother, you…”

“Shut up!” Shen Qiang who just rushed in saw Shen Liang refused Liu Shuhan, she immediately went over to help her mother. But she just walked in, her mother already scolded her. Ignoring the bad faces of Liu Shuhan and Shen Qiang, Shen Liang turned to the old madam said in calm manner;

“Grandma, please come with me.”

“Huh?” The old madam frowned strangely, but didn’t refuse him. He helped her walk into his courtyard, others also followed in.