Chapter 39

Unexpectedly, Shen Liang understood the trace of concern hidden in Pei Yuanxun words and understood what he means. But Shen Liang could only smile and said;

“Some things I couldn’t avoid it even if I want to. Since the prince sent someone to ‘protect’ me, he must know many things about me. If I don’t fight back, someone may lose their life. All the people I care about may die because of my weakness and incompetence.” Everything in his past life was a prime example, Shen Liang didn’t dare to lower his guard for a moment.

“What is it your entanglement with the royal clan?” Looking his face deeply, Pei Yuanxun said in cold voice. He wasn’t a nosy person, but Shen Liang always made him so curious to open all his secrets.

“If I say blood must be paid by blood. Do you believe it?” Pei Yuanxun didn’t know the topic he touched was something so sensitive for Shen Liang, intense pain suddenly emerged and reminded him about his past tragedies. How stupid he was and how hateful he was to Qin Yunshen and others.

“Believe it.”

“Ah?” It seemed that he didn’t hear it clearly. Shen Liang was a little loss, Pei Yuanxun suddenly reached across the table and touched his head;

“I said I believe it. If a person has no special experience, he wouldn’t be as quiet and decisive as you. So graceful and deathly, you remind this prince of something. Yes, like the cheetah raised by this prince. Next time I have a chance, this prince will show it to you.”

“… Should I feel honored?” Obviously, he didn’t expect he would really believe what he was saying, Shen Liang couldn’t help but felt choked up and trying to hide his cracked voice with a smile.

“You must be, okay? Who in the world doesn’t know this prince like beasts? Comparing you to a cheetah is a huge honour.” Well, the prince seemed to be proud so Shen Liang rolled his eyes and smiled weakly;

“That… thank you.”

“Hahaha…” Pei Yuanxun laughed out loud. Every time he chatted with Shen Liang, he always in good mood. If it weren’t for… he really wanted to marry him as his princess.

“Thank you for the prince’s advice. I’m not stupid. What should I say, what shouldn’t be said and whom I should talk to? I have it all known in my heart.” After a while, Shen Liang said seriously.

“Well, this prince knows that you have your own thoughts. But this prince still owes you for Jing Xiran’s business. Liang-liang, are you interested in cooperating with this prince?” When it came to business, Pei Yuanxun always curious. He didn’t know where Shen Liang got his information but they always turned out accurate. He was a ger and his identity right now still embarrassing. Many things were inconvenient for him to show up. If they can cooperate, they may be able to achieve their goals. After all, some of their enemies are the same people, right?

“Cooperation?” Shen Liang frowned and lowered his eyes to think. If he could cooperate with Pei Yuanxun, it would save him from doing a lot of things. But could he really trust him? Some things he could let him knew, but other things… It couldn’t be blamed for being suspicious. In his past life, he was too easy to believe people which led to a miserable ending. Life couldn’t be repeated over and over, this time he couldn’t make any wrong steps.

How smart is Pei Yuanxun?

Pei Yuanxun could see his thought at a glance, his eyes flashed, and said after a moment;

“Don’t answer in a hurry, you can think about it slowly. You have heard about the Princess’s banquet; do you want to attend?”

“Ah? Since you already know, why still asked me?” Shen Liang snappily answered back, even when he already sent people to ‘watch’ him, Pei Yuanxun still asked obvious question.

“Hahaha… this white-eyed wolf, this prince asked also to protect you.” Others wanted to protect him; he was unwilling to be protected by them. Shen Liang was full of disgust.

“The prince also received an invitation?” Didn’t want any entangled on that issue, Shen Liang asked him.

“Well, Princess Yuehua is this prince’s aunt. Do you think this prince will not have an invitation?” In order to control the late Prince Qingping, the emperor pointed out his daughter to him. But he was reluctant to love her, the daughter pointed out another princess for the late Prince Qingping. Who knew that they would have a deep affection and married each other? The emperor was angry, even thought she was unfavored, the late Princess Qingping was still a royal princess and Princess Yuehua’s sister.

“Even if you are not the princess’s nephew, you will also receive an invitation.”

“Oh?” Pei Yuanxun raised his eyebrows, Shen Liang blinked and said with naughty tone;

“Qingping Palace has plenty of money, isn’t it?” In the name of disaster relief, how could you possibly miss a local tyrant like Prince Qingping?

“Hahaha…” Pei Yuanxun also knew and laughed. The little thing actually joked with him. Such a good thing.