Chapter 36

Because of the rain, there were not many pedestrians on the street. The people who came and went were basically on the carriages. However, a few heads appeared in some open shops but they quickly hide inside. It was human instinct to protect oneself. When officials do things, people mostly watching and didn’t dare to be nosy.

“How about Dongling Mansion? I am executing Emperor’s decree, even if it was the princess must get out of the carriage!” The soldier was very imposing and the man riding on the horse didn’t stop him, obviously agreed.

“You…”

“Qi Xuan!” Qi Xuan was angry but Shen Liang’s voice stopped him. The door of carriage was drawn open, Shen Liang walked out and standing beside his carriage. The leader looked at him, after ten days of raising his body, his pretty face was even more gorgeous. Even if he was dressed plainly, Shen Liang’s beauty was enough to stun some people. The leader and the soldiers were surprised looking at Shen Liang, their eyes were gleaming admiring his beauty.

Liu Wenjin!

At one glance, Shen Liang recognized a man straddling the horse was Liu Wenjin, Liu Shuhan’s brother. His eyes flashed and already guessed why they were stopped. The bandit’s affair was broken up by him, Liu Wenjin must be uncomfortable and tried to trouble him also find his bottom line. As for how he could block timely, there must be someone watching him in Dongling Mansion.

Even though, there were thousand things in his head, Shen Liang kept looking at Liu Wenjin. Then his eyes calmly swept past all the soldiers;

“The princess’s carriage also has to be checked. The courage isn’t small, I am the young master of Dongling Mansion, I have no objection for you to check. However, please show the official decree first.”

Pretending not knowing Liu Wenjin, Shen Liang said with great momentum. How could his small carriage be inspected casually? If this thing spread, his reputation will be worsened. Liu Wenjin tried to trouble him this way, he must have planned this. After all, in a few days, he would attend Princess Yuehua’s banquet. This must be waning for him not talk nonsense in the Princess Yuehua Palace.

If he was in previous life, maybe he would get scared and obeyed. But now, Liu Wenjin came himself to his door. He wouldn’t refuse this opportunity to slap back.

“Could it be, you are little five?” The soldiers were startled and unable to react. Liu Wenjin suddenly changed his attitude and looked at him with a smile.

Slowly looking at him, Shen Liang frowned and said;

“I have never met this master. Little five is a nickname that belongs to my family’s elders. It wasn’t suitable for this master to call me that. Or did the master deliberately want to break my reputation?” Cruel and sharp, just like how Shen Liang’s feeling right now.

“Hahaha… little five misunderstood. It’s no wonder you don’t know me. My name is Liu Wenjin, I’m Madam Shen’s brother and your uncle.” Liu Wenjin raised his head and laughed. His tone grew stronger, even in his heart he was shocked with Shen Liang’s reaction.

“Uncle?” Shen Liang raised his eyebrows and said with sarcasm;

“My daddy name is Wei Zeqian, he is the young master of Wei clan. The master claimed from Liu clan, how dare you call yourself my uncle?” His reply could be said a bit rude and Liu Wenjin’s smile froze on his face.

“If Master Liu wants to check, please show me the official decree. Without it, I refuse to be inspected. If you keep insisting, we can go to Ministry of Justice together.”

Does he deserve to be his uncle?

Shen Liang didn’t give a chance to react, once again he talked about inspection. Qi brother calmed down when they saw Shen Liang was at ease.

“Little five has really changed a lot since you were a child.” Looking at him, Liu Wenjin said through his gritted teeth. The previous Shen Liang was easy to bully and very affectionate. When his sister said that Shen Liang changed into terrible and hard person, he didn’t believe it. Now, it seemed that he underestimated the little beast, he was vicious and not easy to break.

“People can change. I thought when Madam Shen was a concubine, she was respectful in front of my daddy. But when my daddy died, she immediately used her relationship with the old madam and forcing Marquis Dongling to named her as Madam Shen. She got a trickster priest to slander me as the cause of my own daddy death. Without my elder brother, I am afraid I would be dead that day. Ten years later, except for Shen Qiang, Marquis Dongling didn’t have any other heir. Madam Shen suddenly found a Taoist priest again, I was only ten years old and being named as evil star. Marquis Dongling should get rid of me or send me away to avoid disaster. This, not only forced me to live in countryside but also made my elder brother ran away. But what happens now? After leaving for five years, Marquis Dongling still didn’t have any more offspring. How do you explain it? The gold shines wherever it goes, without my elder brother’s effort to accumulate merits on his own, who else in this world would remember about me and my elder brother? The biological son of well-established mansion?”

Speaking about his past again, Shen Liang felt nothing. After stopping for a while, he continued;

“Madam Shen is an adult who is so fickle, don’t want to let a child alone, it is said that the bandits were conspired by Madam Liu and Madam Shen. Also, Master Liu, there are many carriages coming and going in this road, but you and your soldiers only stopped mine. The soldiers are urging to check inside, I am a ger, if I let them run around inside, how about my reputation?”

From the beginning Shen Liang never thought of staying low. Since Liu Wenjin dared to bring a dozen soldiers to trouble him, Shen Liang would tear his face away. Today, he wouldn’t make these brother and sister comfortable.