Chapter 25

The place where Fu Yunxi lived wasn’t large, it was similar to Shen Liang’s courtyard. The courtyard was messy and dirty, the chickens and ducks ran around the yard, no one found it strange. Even for Fu Yunxi as the host or Shen Liang as the guest. It was because his father who had worked hard raising Fu Yunxi suddenly sick and couldn’t get up, no one could take care of their courtyard.

“Now, you can talk about your identity.” Took him to sit down in the hall, Fu Yunxi went straight to the subject, made it clear he didn’t want any small talks.

“Shen Liang, the young master of Dongling Mansion.” Shen Liang straight up told him; Fu Yunxi frowned when he heard it;

“You are Shen Liang? The one with the rumours?”

Dangling Mansion these days had been in deep scandals and rumours. He heard of them and didn’t think much about it. Now that Shen Liang was sitting opposite him, Fu Yunxi felt perhaps the rumours were led by Shen Liang’s design.

“Rumours have always been 90% fake, for example you cheated in the exam.”

“You!” Fu Yunxi glared at him with anger, Shen Liang didn’t take whether he made him angry or calm down.

“It’s useless for you to get angry at me. There is a fraud, you should know better than me. Fu Yunxi, your anger should be directed at those people who wronged you, not me.”

“Do you know who it is?” Fu Yunxi stood up his eyes stared deeply at him. He wasn’t stupid, since Shen Liang said that he must knew something.

“I know but I didn’t have to tell you.” Under his angry eyes, Shen Liang still continued;

“Fu Yunxi, your knowledge is better than anyone and your brain was genius. Are you still waiting for the day Ministry of Justice will find the culprit and clear up your name? Don’t be naïve, what is justice? In the face of power, they are nothing and justice will only restrain the weak.” Fu Yunxi was a wise man; he must understand what Shen Liang’s means. If it weren’t for cutting Qin Yunshen’s plan intentionally, Shen Liang would never tell him this.

“If you want to recruit me, what can you give me? Young master Shen, with all respect, you are right, the reason why I’ve fallen into this state was because I have no power. But you are an unfavored young master of Donglin Mansion, what can you give me after I follow you?” Shen Liang said so bluntly, he wanted to say he wasn’t angry would be a lie. But Fu Yunxi was smart, Shen Liang’s words woke him up and made him desired power. If he had enough power, he could regain his innocence and everything that belonged to him.

“I can’t give you anything, but I can help you bring down those who wronged you. Let the Imperial examination fraud case opened up again, clear your name and regain your fame. I also can make your help heal your father.” Both of them were smart people and neither of them went around in circles.

“My father’s disease…”

“Lung disease isn’t it? It’s not terminal illness.” When it came to his father who seriously ill in bed, Fu Yunxi was startled.

According to what Fu Yunxi wanted to say, ordinary people couldn’t cure lung disease, but there were detailed records in his medical books. It wasn’t difficult to cure it but it would take longer time to recover. He didn’t tell any lies, this disease would take patient to cure, this was also one of the reasons he came here. If he remembered correctly, when Fu Yunxi became Qin Yunshen’s assistant in his past life, his father had passed away because of lung disease.

“You…”

“Yunxi, ehem… are there any guests?” Fu Yunxi looked at him deeply, as if evaluating his words but he was interrupted by a man asking with little coughing. After that, the curtain on the left side of main hall was opened and a thin yellow figure walked out. Fu Yunxi got up and helped him.

“Father, why did you come out? It’s windy outside, go in and lie down.”

He was Fu Yunxi’s father, Fu Ying, he became ill after Fu Yunxi was implicated in Imperial examination fraud case.

“Ehem… no, anyway. This is a rare time you have a friend coming here, I have to come and say hello to them.” After he finished speaking, Fu Ying coughed up violently. Shen Liang frowned; behind him the Qi brothers also looked at him slightly worried.

“Don’t say anymore father, here sit down and drink some water.” Fu Yunxi uncomfortably helped him sat down and turned back inside the house to take a glass of water. After Fu Ying drank it, he felt much better.

“I’m sorry, letting you see me like this.” Fu Ying said with an apologetic smile.

“Uncle is polite. Illness is a matter of life, no one can avoid it. Just think of a way to cure it.” Shen Liang smiled and shook his head, from his past life he didn’t have any relationship with elder, Fu Ying sickly face indeed didn’t look good but his smile made people feel warm for no reason.