Chapter 44

The Princess’s Mansion was located in the Imperial residence of east city, which is closest to Imperial Palace. The Duan Mansion was next to it. The two mansions occupy a very large area and the decoration was extremely luxurious. From the outside, they were still two separated mansions. But after the marriage of the eldest princess and the eldest son of Prince Duan, the two residences were completely connected with a huge man-made river. Princess Yuehua was not the late emperor's most beloved daughter, but she was the current emperor’s relatives. After the death of the empress and the princes one of another, the current emperor ascended to the throne and the status of Princess Yuehua rose up. When he took the throne, she was already married and named as the eldest princess.

It wasn’t far from Dongling Mansion to Princess’s Mansion. The carriage arrived about an hour, Liu Shuhan and others arrived one after another. The strange thing was Shen Liang’s carriage who already went out first hadn’t arrived yet.

“Isn’t this Madam Shen? It’s been a long time.” Under the help of waiting maids, Liu Shuhan and others stepped out of the carriage. Before they could look for Shen Liang, a plump noble lady with her two daughters walked over smiling. She shouted loudly and other ladies who were waiting to submit an invitation looked at them. There was no way they could miss out on the hot Dongling Mansion.

The people of Dongling Mansion had seen the world, naturally, they wouldn’t afraid of attention. The eyes who looked at them were often filled with jealousy and greed, which greatly satisfied their pride. But today, all of them were mocking with disdain, Liu Shuhan and others felt their face were stiffen up almost couldn’t bear it. Especially the three daughters who hadn’t been out of the courtyard for a while, they all blushed slightly in shame.

“It turned out to be Madam…”

“Here!” Liu Shuhan’s response was interrupted by a carriage that was approaching. It was engraved with the family crest of Dongling Mansion and stopped in front of them. The door was opened and Qi Yue jumped down, took out a footstool and place it underneath, and stood outside holding the door. The first thing everyone saw from the carriage was something red like a flame.

“So beautiful!” When Shen Liang stepped out of the carriage, there were countless sounds of gasping around, even some exclaimed in low voices. The beauty of Shen Liang indeed too stunning and he was helped by Fu Ying and Qi brothers to dress up. He was so beautiful; people couldn’t look away and many young girls blushing to watch him.

“Isn’t this the second son of Dongling Mansion? I heard that he grew up in the countryside. Look at this temperament, it didn’t look like it was from the countryside.”

“No, it is said that he is only fifteen years old. Bright red clothes, he can actually wear it well. Wouldn’t it be necessary to enter the royal clan in the future?”

“Dongling Mansion is full of crime, the death of the first wife, one goes northwest and the others is thrown to the countryside. It is a shame that the two brothers were all suffering.”

“Madam Shen doesn’t look like a mean person. The daughters of Dongling Mansion are well-educated. The rumors about things like this are often not true. Maybe someone deliberately designed Dongling Mansion.”

“Yes, look at Shen Liang’s face, it is too beautiful. Maybe he is doing something behind the scene, otherwise, he only came back for a while but so many things happened in Dongling Mansion?”

“I think you are jealous of Shen Liang, right? He is only fifteen years old, can he hire the bandits to chase him? and you see, the family of Dongling Mansion all came together, why did Shen Liang come alone?”

“…”

After being in dazed, the ladies gathered around and whispered, some accusing Liu Shuhan, some were jealous of Shen Liang and some remained silent. Dongling Mansion’s people who became the center of attention blushed. It was their first time encountered such embarrassment. The only one who didn’t react was Shen Liang.