Chapter 17

Dangling Mansion seemed calm and unwavering, but Shen Liang return had rippled the deep water.

Liu Shuhan and Shen Qiang rushed to Shen Liang’s courtyard with great fanfare, only returned with embarrassment and slap print in her face. No matter how tight the servant’s mouth in Dongling Mansion, this matter soon spread out throughout the mansion. Didn’t mention, the second and third family, the old madam also were very happy. She also suppressed Liu Shuhan, especially asked her maid to give Shen Liang a lot of tonics and asked him to take care of his health. If he could slap Liu Shuhan again.

However, Shen Liang didn’t show any joy or anger. He only smiled when the housekeeper cut off the ingredients for his kitchen. He asked Qi Yue to go out and buy outside every day. For the next few days, Shen Liang never stepped out of his courtyard. After Shen Ruiting’s order, no one went to his courtyard and made trouble. Dongling Mansion seemed to have restored its former calm.

“Liang-liang, the prescription you gave is very useful. I can’t see the mark on my face and the wound on your arm almost healed.”

It’s been three days; Shen Liang had an appointment with Feiyu Pavilion. Qi Yue helped him removed the bandage on his arm, he and Qi Xuan had suffered to death these days.

“Of course, it works. It was Wei clan’s secret recipe.”

Putting down the notes, Shen Liang rubbed his arm slowly. The Wei clan had three heirlooms; the art of war, medical books, and poison books of Wei. According to the legend, these three heirlooms were from Wei clan hundreds of years ago. The clan and emperor ruled the country together. The art of war was written by General Wei Ting was called the God of War at that time. It included all the war strategies in the past, as well as his experiences on the battlefield. For a hundred years, Wei clan had never failed in battle. Unfortunately, the royal clan had changed from the first Emperor. Under their suspicion, the more prosperous Wei clan the more Emperors feared them and tried to suppressed Wei clan.

The medical books and poison book of Wei was written by Wei Ting’s wife, Jiang Heng. It was said that he was a genius in medicine, built medical labs and schools. He also helped develop the country. At the beginning of the dynasty, Qin Dynasty was quickly stabilized under Jiang Heng’s effort. If Wei Ting hadn’t met him first, he would have become the Empress of Qin Empire. No one in Qin Empire didn’t know, the first Emperor never established an Empress because of Jiang Heng.

The three heirlooms of Wei clan were known to the world. But few people know about medical books and the poison book of Wei. For hundreds of years, even Wei clan wasn’t sure about it. Shen Liang accidentally discovered the secret box left by his father. He opened it by coincidence and Shen Qiang came in when he looked inside. He couldn’t reject her and she easily got the medical books. He obtained the poison book of Wei hidden in second layer. No one was deceived but he was too kind in his previous life, even if he had learned the whole poison technique, he rarely could use it.

In secret box, placed at the bottom was a dark black iron token and a letter written by Jiang Heng. It was Nether Order; its function was to call and command Nether Guardian.

When he first got it, he didn’t believe the token could command Nether Guardian. No, actually he didn’t believe Nether Guardian still existed. After all, it had been hundreds of years since Jiang Heng passed away. In the past years, no one in the Wei clan was able to open the secret box and couldn’t obtain the Nether Order. How could Nether Guardian still exist?

The truth was, even after hundreds of years had passed. Nether Guardian still existed. Jiang Heng was worthy of being called the legendary wife of Wei clan. He and Wei Ting not only created the glory for Wei clan but also left Wei clan life-saving things. It was a pity that Shen Liang in his previous life, too stupid and trusting. He let Wei clan heirlooms being used by other people.

Shen Liang took advantage of his peaceful days and found the secret box again, but this time he would no longer be stupid. The things in the secret box will only be used by him.

“Unexpectedly, Madam still left this good thing. If only Madam could get it back then, maybe he wouldn’t…”

Halfway through, Qi Yue stopped speaking. He raised his eyes and looked at Shen Liang carefully. He knew that Madam was not only the heart knot of Marquis Dongling but also Liang-liang and eldest young master.

“Perhaps.” Shen Liang agreed while lowering his eyes. He got up and picked up the secret box. Swiftly he dismantled the complicated structure to open the box, took out Nether Order and put medical books and poison book of Wei back inside.

He had learned poison book of Wei in his past life and Shen Qiang received medical books to have her superb medical skills, but this time she couldn’t. In three days, with his knowledge of poison, he could learn medical books thoroughly, and from now on, these books would no longer appear in anyone’s sight.

“Liang-liang, the carriage has been arranged, when shall we leave?” Qi Xuan walked from outside. These days, according to Shen Liang, he had been monitoring Fu Yunxi by pretending to go outside to buy something. Shen Liang specially ordered him to go to Feiyu Pavilion and try clothes together today. If not, he probably ran out of sight a long time ago.

“Let’s go.” Putting the secret box away, Shen Liang put Nether Order inside his arm’s clothes and walked out.