Chapter 4

“Quickly, stop them!”

On the Baili Mountain road outside Imperial city, a few horses ran fast against a galloping carriage. The fork road intersection was only a few hundred meters away from the carriage.

“Liang-liang!” Qi Xuan, who drove the carriage, was not afraid but Qi Yue grabbed Shen Liang’s clothes tightly.

“Leave them alone, hurry up.”

The whip continued to swing and hit the horse. The pain caused the sturdy horse to fly with all his foots, mud splashed from the road.

“Kill the servants, kill the master.”

Seeing that they were getting closer and closer to the fork road intersection, the bandits were angry. One of them who were close to the carriage raised the sharp blade in his hand and slashed toward Qi Xuan.

“Xuan-ge! Ah…”

“Liang-liang!” Shen Liang’s pupil shrank, he pulled Qi Xuan without thinking and his arm was cut by the blade. Qi Yue and Qi Xuan were a little frightened, but Shen Liang just frowned slightly. He didn’t even look at the bloody wound;

“Don’t be distracted, tighten the reins.” He was cut off before his death. Compared with the broken arms and gouging out his eyes, this pain is really nothing.

“Yeah.” Qi Xuan nodded tearfully, tightening the reins again. Qi Yue tore off a piece of his clothes with a trembling hand to help Shen Liang bandage his wound.

“Kill them! Hurry up!”

“Go, go…”

Seeing the bandits didn’t stop and ready to kill them all. Suddenly galloping horses’ hooves sounded loud and, in a moment, a line of more than dozen horses lightly rode before them. Speeding out of a fork road intersection, a unified black horse and black armor, at first glance, looked like a regular army.

“Iron Guards?”

“No, get away!”

Shen Liang and the bandits exclaimed at the same time. The only difference was the bandits had a loud voice and were panicked. While Shen Liang looked deeply at the approaching Iron Guards. His voice was so small that only Qi Yue and Qi Xuan could hear them.

“Kill!”

These Iron Guards were well-trained and they could see the identity of bandit at first glance. They kill them directly regardless of the reason. The Iron Guards were the most elite and mysterious army of the Qin Dynasty. They didn’t often move out. Once dispatched, blood will inevitably be flown into the rivers and bones will became mountains. Wherever they fight, they will no enemy they couldn’t defeat. Are the bandits who live in mountain can be their opponent?

“Liang-liang.” The carriage has stopped, watching the ferocious killing of the Iron Guards, Qi Yue and Qi Xuan who never seen such a scene were nervously grabbed the corner of Shen Liang’s clothes.

“It’s okay.” In contrast, Shen Liang seemed calmer. No, it would be insulting that he was calm, seeing the killing in front of him, he didn’t react at all as if he had been used to see so much blood.

“Who are you?”

Not long after, two military horses drove out of the fork intersection. Surrounding a huge carriage and the Iron Guard Wei Gao who asked the question looked at them expressionlessly. With a fierce aura, Qi Yue and Qi Xuan tremble and shrink a little looking at the man. Shen Liang raised his head, glanced at him lightly and moved his gaze to the huge carriage.

“From Dongling Mansion, this ger name is Shen Liang, we encounter bandits on the way home. We thank Prince Qingping for his rescue.” Iron Guards belongs to Prince Qingping, everyone in the world knows that. Shen Liang is certain, the person in the carriage is Prince Qingping, Pei Yuanxun himself.

The scene was silent for a while, the Iron Guards’ expression was not good. Qi Yue and Qi Xuan were so scared that their breathing stopped for a while. Shen Liang still calm as ever. After a long moment, the agarwood door of carriage pushed open gently, a man leaned inside with one hand supporting his jaw. His jade black hair reached his waist, tied up with purple hair band part of it hangs down on his shoulder. Handsome face with exquisite facial features, strong jawline and deep slightly mischievous eyes, it makes people hard to breathe at first glance. He looks no more than twenty years old. His gorgeous purple robe hangs loosely on his body, the open flap reveals a lot of bronze skin. The only obstacle of the naked skin was a bandage that wrapped around his stomach Iron Guards were accustomed to see their prince’s charming appearance, but what about outsider? In fact, Qi Yue and Qi Xuan were dumfounded, they didn’t drool at all. Unfortunately, Shen Liang didn’t feel much, his mind was not thinking about it. Even if he was Prince Qingping Pei Yuanxun’s enchanting and handsome face can’t affect him either. Look at him right now, he felt so embarrassed.

Five years of training has caused his body to be extremely thin. In addition, he has fled all the way his hair already unkempt. But his facial features are delicate, his willow eyebrows like a sword, his eyes are bright like obsidian and deep like an abyss nothing can be seen in his eyes. Even in the present, Shen Liang didn’t care about the magnificent Imperial city. He, in the previous life, was claimed as the most beautiful person in Qin Dynasty, he was humiliated by others. How can he care about Prince Qingping is beautiful or not?

Pei Yuanxun’s eyes swept past him lightly, he could clearly see the cold hidden deep in Shen Liang’s eyes, as well as his calm attitude. His lips smiled playfully, in addition to Shen Da, Shen clan actually has such an interesting little thing.

“Shen Liang? Shen Da’s only brother?” Strictly speaking, Shen Liang was not the only brother of Shen Da. Liu Shuhan’s son was also Shen Da’s younger brother. But Pei Yuanxun obviously didn’t count him, although she was the only wife now, she still held the status as concubine, the son born from concubine certainly had different status from the original wife’s son.

“Yes.”

Faced with a pair of phoenix eyes that seemed can penetrate people’s hearts. Shen Liang nodded calmly and quickly recalled everything about Prince Qingping in his mind. He basically had no contact with him in the previous life, only knowing that he would lead Iron Guards a few years later but because of the Emperor’s suspicion and the words feed into his stomach from enemy. Prince Qingping was killed in battlefield, his body made into human skin and hanged high on the tower like a kite. At that time, the whole country was shocked. The Emperor felt that his prestige among society was too high and overwhelming the royal clan. On the surface, the Emperor told His people not to grieve, he would send troops to avenged the Prince Qingping. In fact, he was trying to erase Prince Qingping from people’s mind.

Thinking of this, a trace of pity slipped through Shen Liang’s eyes and it disappeared in a flash.

Mercy? Is he pitying him?

Pei Yuanxun who were close to him, caught the pity that flashed through his eyes. Although there was no change in the face, there was a hint of surprise in his heart. The majestic Prince Qingping being pitied by an unfavourable son of powerful family. If this being said, he was sure that many people will laugh out loud.