Chapter 33

After finally they got permission from the old madam, Zhao Lan and Lu Yang summoned their subordinates to investigate the destruction of Shen Liang’s courtyard. One personally led a group of people to clean up Shen Liang’s courtyard. Shen Liang accepted all of this with calm mind and it was all finished before it got dark.

“Liang-liang, the second and third wives are too active, right?” Even the meal was prepared for them, Qi Xuan couldn’t help but wonder.

“If you want to show it, you have to be more active. When they truly grasp the head of household position in this mansion, their attitude will definitely change from what they are now. Why are you still standing? Free dinner, we better eat it.” Shen Liang picked up the chopsticks while talking, Qi brothers looked at each other then sat down. At noon, they were so worried in Tison House, they didn’t even have appetite to eat. They worked all day; they were so hungry right now.

“Liang-liang, since you know their attitude will change, why do you help them get the power?” They weren’t stupid, if it wasn’t because of Shen Liang today, how could the old madam think of seizing Liu Shuhan’s position?

“Will Liu Shuhan make it easy for them to control Dongling Mansion?” Shen Liang took a bite before continued to say;

“I created the possibility for them to seize her power. Whether they can make it or not is not my problem. Even if they did, Liu Shuhan isn’t a vegetarian. If she makes trouble secretly, it will fall into second and third wives. On the contrary, if they failed, the grievances between second and third family with the main family will be deepened and they will fight more. They will fight to death and I will live. Of course, only fisherman who has benefited.”

There were too many twists and turns, Shen Liang only picked the simplest way. In his previous life, he was in charge of fourth prince’s backyard for several years. He managed the entire harem, knowing all these things well but he was a ger after all. It was impossible to keep his eyes on the backyard. Instead, it was better to start a war inside and let them bite each other’s.

“Liang-liang, why did you suddenly become so smart? I seemed to be stupid.” Qi Xuan always said what was in his mind, he scratched his head in embarrassment.

“Liang-liang was originally smart but he used to give away and didn’t know how to fight for himself.” Qi Yue gave him an annoyed look and said to Shen Liang;

“Liang-liang, you are so good. We are too good, always give in and never complain. It wasn’t a good thing to keep losing, I believe if eldest young master sees you now, he will be very happy.”

“I know, Yue-ge, Xuan-ge. I have wronged you all these years. Don’t worry, I won’t let others bully us in the future.” Nodded, Shen Liang was moved. He was willing to do his best to treat them well.

“Well, by the way, Xiao Xuan said he wanted to learn martial arts. Can you ask someone to teach him?” If they weren’t so rich now, Qi Yue wouldn’t dare to ask like this.

“Good thing, but forget about the teacher. They are all dance and small movements. There is nothing to learn. I will write a note tomorrow. Xuan-ge, go to outer city and find a person named Wang Qingfeng. He will help you arrange the most suitable master. When the time comes, let’s see if we can invite him to the courtyard or you go out every day to learn.” Qi Xuan’s desire to learn martial arts received strong support from Shen Liang, but he thought differently from Qi brothers. Qi Xuan learn for the purpose of protecting Shen Liang not only for himself.

“Okay, Liang-liang, you are really good.” Unexpectedly, things would go smoothly. Qi Xuan laughed so much. Shen Liang looked at them and smiled. When he was resting at night, Shen Liang suddenly said;

“Yue-ge, do you want to learn something?” If possible, he hopes that they all had the ability to protect themselves.

“I want to, but I don’t know what to learn.” His temperament wasn’t as lively and active like Qi Xuan. Martial arts wouldn’t suit him and there seemed to be nothing to learn.

“Hmmm…” Shen Liang sat on the bed and touched his chin, he thought for a while and said;

“Yue-ge, you know how to read. Why don’t you learn about poison and medicine from me?”

“Huh?” Poison and medicine? Isn’t that something from Wei clan’s heirlooms? How can you pass it to others easily?

“That’s it. you will learn poison and medicine from tomorrow. You can also learn medical skills. No need to ask for help when you can help yourself.” It wasn’t that Shen Liang had made decision without knowing Qi Yue’s thought. What about his heirloom’s clan? To them, there was nothing Shen Liang wouldn’t give. Now the medical books and poison book of Wei had fallen into his hands, he had the right to decide what to do with them.

“But…”

“No, Yue-ge, this is also for our own good in the future.”

“That… okay then.” Once sentence for their own good dispelled all Qi Yue’s worries, whether it was him or Qi Xuan, what they care the most was Shen Liang.