Chapter 41

In the end, Shen Liang brought Yao Guang back helplessly, the group went to Yin Alley to pick up Fu Ying then directly went back home. They brought back two people suddenly and must inform Zhao Lan as the temporary head of household. At this time, the incident about him angering Liu Wenjin on the street had been passed around in the mansion. Shen Liang didn’t go to her personally, only sent Qi Yue, as to whether she would be dissatisfied or not, this wasn’t his concern.

Of course, Zhao Lan would be dissatisfied. She thought for many years and finally had the power of household in this mansion. Shen Liang’s behavior was absolutely didn’t take her seriously, but Zhao Lan was a smart person. She knew that he wasn’t in her control. Shen Liang was the son of Shen Ruiting’s original wife and Liu Shuhan might found a way to grab her position back through this. Even so, she couldn’t wait to tear Shen Liang in her heart and she only smiled gracefully, giving Shen Liang a lot of faces.

Unsurprisingly, the latest rumors of Dongling Mansion were flying all over Imperial city on the next day. This time, it was a fact that Liu Wenjin led the soldiers to block the carriage and it was also true that Shen Liang personally exposed the mansion scandal. Liu Shuhan was mean to her stepson, designed to drive away from her eldest stepson and waiting to dominate the backyard and destroy the original wife. The rumors also mixed with Shen Liang’s disrespect to his stepmother but they disappeared without causing any waves.

“Evil son.” As secretary minister, he was in charge of the country’s land, household registration, taxes, official salaries, and any other affairs. Shen Ruiting had been busy with disaster. Dongling Mansion had a lot of affairs and he didn’t have time to ask. Until this day, he felt everyone's eyes looking at him so strangely. When he went to the hall, several people also look at him. The next day, Shen Ruiting cursed with a sullen face and rushed straight to the mansion without paying any attention.

“Marquis? You wait…” It finally cleared up. The people in Shen Liang’s courtyard were all moving out slightly damp quilts and clothes. When he saw Shen Ruiting striding forward from a distance, Qi Yue dropped his work and called out with a loud wail. But Shen Ruiting didn’t even look at him and directly went to Shen Liang.

“Good child, what a good thing did you do?” Across the drying quilts, Shen Ruiting stared at him angrily. His face was red and ready to smoke, thanks to his son, his reputation was completely lost.

“What did I do?” Shen Liang slowly pulled the quilt and raised his head to meet his eyes. The father and son were angry and the other was calm. Fu Ying on his side, quickly stepped forward when he saw this.

“Marquis Dongling.”

“Who are you?” Shen Liang was all he could think in anger, Shen Ruiting looked at him and realized there were more unfamiliar faces in the courtyard.

“Fu Ming and I will be in charge of Shen Liang’s courtyard.” Fu Ming was Fu Ying’s fake name, so others wouldn’t find out his relationship with Fu Yunxi. Shen Liang also used the needle’s trick to change his appearance slightly. The father of his master, he still knew him.

“He is my person, and has nothing to do with Marquis Dongling. I don’t know why you came here. If there is nothing wrong, please go. I am a small person and can’t accommodate your big title.” Moving to stand in front of Fu Ying, Shen Liang said indifferently and he wasn’t surprised by his arrival. The reason why the rumors outside spread so fast were driven by people's talks. It was Nether Guardian and Pei Yuanxun both played a lot in it. as the Imperial minister, Shen Ruiting had a precious reputation. Once he was implicated, he naturally would come to question him.

“You…” Shocked by Shen Liang’s sharp attitude, Shen Ruiting raised his hand and wanted to slap him. Suddenly Yao Guang appeared and grabbed his hand;

“The eldest young master had ordered us to accompany Shen Liang.” In order to save from any trouble, Fu Ying and Yao Guang both entered Dongling Mansion under the order of Shen Da.

“Da’er? Are you from Da’er?” Shen Ruiting who was very angry, calmed a little when he heard about Shen Da;

“How is Da’er now? The Northwest is cold and bitter, the sword has no eyes. Is he tired or injured?” He had to say, Shen Ruiting indeed loves Shen Da very much. In his mind, Shen Da’s status was higher than anyone in Dongling Mansion. If it weren’t for Shen Liang’s birth and Wei Zeqian wouldn’t die of blood loss, he would also love Shen Liang. It was a pity he was confused by anger.

“Is Marquis being funny? Can he not hurt or be tired on the battlefield? Now, I know you care about the eldest young master, why did you let him go?” Yao Guang wasn’t polite at all, he dared to speak against Pei Yuanxun. What about little Dongling Mansion? They even dared to treat the future princess so sloppily.

Shen Ruiting was blushing in shame and anger. He did regret what happened that year, but his regret was he couldn’t handle things more perfectly. He forced Shen Da away and leaving ten years old Shen Liang to the countryside and fend for himself.

“You only need to tell this master if Da’er okay or not?”

“If I say something bad, what would Marquis do? If you really care about the eldest young master, how can you watch him run away from home when he was only fifteen years old? Until now, you haven’t asked the emperor to make him a marquis? Look at the entire Imperial city, only a few marquis’s eldest sons who have not been titled as marquis after twenty years old. The face of the father, is he a disgusting person to blame?” Yao Guang said while throwing away Shen Ruiting’s hand.

“…”

Shen Ruiting was choked, his eyes glaring so much almost popped out. He turned to Shen Liang after a while;

“You bastard. You asked me why I am here? Don’t you know what you do outside?” Thinking about the rumors, an Imperial minister spoiled his concubine and indulged his concubine’s wishes. Shen Ruiting’s anger went up again.