Chapter 5

“Are you sure you met a bandit?” This road is only a hundred miles away from Imperial city and ten miles ahead was Longyang County. If it was really a bandit, it would too daring.

“Yes.” In response Shen Liang said calmly and continued after a short pause.

“The bandits are real. Whether they happen to be coincidence or not it’s still questionable. If we didn’t meet the prince today, it would be difficult to keep our life. Shen Liang owe the prince and one day will pay them.” If it weren’t for him to be reborn again, Liu Shuhan’s brother Liu Wenjin would rescue him in half a month. If everything is coincidence, it would be a coincidence. Shen Liang could no longer look into his stupid and naivety of his past life. But…

“The prince knows about the disappearance of Princess Yuehua’s grandson?” Thinking of his previous life, Shen Liang suddenly remember something. At that time, while saving him Liu Wenjin killed all the bandits and they found the decomposed body of Princess Yuehua’s grandson in the bandits’ den. As a result, Liu Wenjin gained the eyes of Princess Yuehua’s family. The Emperor gave him a reward and named him as Marquis Longyang, these bandits were clearly working with Liu Shuhan. How can Liu Wenjin be innocent? Princess Yuehua’s grandson was kidnapped and killed. He also kidnapped by the bandits and rescued at the right time with dead grandson. All this was a good show they planned and acted.

“Oh?” the disappearance of Princess Yuehua’s grandson was no secret in Imperial city. But how could a person who has not returned to Imperial city find out? If Shen Liang had better informant than Iron Guards, how could he fall to the point where he was driven to countryside.

There seemed to be many secrets hidden in the little guy. The depths of the phoenix eyes even more interesting. Pei Yuanxun picked up his teacup casually to hide his smiling lips.

“If the prince wants to rescue the grandson, it is better to investigate these bandits deeply. It’s also better to do it faster, the grandson can’t wait too long.” Ignoring his searching gaze, Shen Liang met his eyes openly. He remembered, when Liu Wenjin rescued him in the previous life, the grandson had been dead for three days. In other words, the grandson was still alive mostly for ten days more. Whether he can be saved depends on Pei Yuanxun, if he believed him and can act quickly.

From this moment, Shen Liang’s revenge began. He wouldn’t miss anything that could supressed Liu Shuhan and others. Without this rescue he would like to see, how Liu Wenjin became a Marquis and get the support of Princess Yuehua.

Pei Yuanxun didn’t speak, but looked deeply at him. After a long time, he said in deep voice;

“Go and check it.”

“Yes.” Several Iron Guards walked away.

“Master, all the bandits have been wiped out.”

At the same time, a dozen of Iran Guards came back accompanied by the sound of heavy object falling. The mutilated corpses of bandits were thrown down, there were also the three servants who had been kicked off the carriage by Shen Liang. The people sitting in the carriage with them turned into corpse and piled up on the ground.

“The servants of Dongling Mansion?” A quick glance at the corpse, Pei Yuanxun looked at Shen Liang. As if to ask, how could the servants of Dongling Mansion mix with the bandits? He didn’t think those servants would sacrifice themselves for Shen Liang, if they were truly loyal to Shen Liang, he wouldn’t be driven to the countryside.

“Well, I don’t know if the prince can help me send these corpses to Longyang County not far ahead?” He was worried about this before; wouldn’t it be too disappointing for some people if he didn’t bring some gifts back?

“Why bother, Tian Quan you take someone to personally escort young master Shen back.” It seemed he could see what he was thinking, Pei Yuanxun was very interested.

“Yes.” Iron Guard who was called responded with deep voice; Shen Liang frowned slightly. After a while he lowered his eyes and bowed.

“Thank you, Prince Qingping.” He obviously wanted to help Shen Liang, there is no reason to refuse.

“Shen Da’s younger brother is much interesting than the idiots of Shen clan.” Waved his hand, Pei Yuanxun was about to close the carriage door. Shen Liang suddenly called out.

“The prince...”

“Huh?”

Pei Yuanxun’s eyes who had been stopped watching him, swept over him again. He already asked the prince for help, now he still had some question to ask. Feeling a little ashamed, Shen Liang tried to control over his emotions and calmly asked the question.

“The prince knows my brother?” Shen Liang couldn’t do anything hastily, he had to plan slowly. The most important thing was never trust anyone but Qi Yue and Qi Xuan.

“I don’t know him, but Huo Yelin knows.” It’s not that Pei Yuanxun didn’t care about his defensive attitude; he didn’t trust Shen Liang either. They were just half-hearted kindness.

Pei Yuanxun has a good relationship with Huo Yelin, God of War?

After receiving this reply, Shen Liang was a little relieved, but if he wanted to get in line with Huo Yelin, he would definitely have some relationship with Pei Yuanxun. His instinct told him that Pei Yuanxun was very dangerous, so it’s better to stay away. But…

“Shen Liang will come to the prince’s palace to say thank you in the future.” For the sake of his brother, let alone if Pei Yuanxun was dangerous even if it was a sword he would go forward.

His eyes were firm and dark like a black obsidian, Shen Liang clenched his fists. There still some time, he must save his elder brother.

“Liang-… fifth young master, your arm…” Seeing that blood was flowing in Shen Liang’s injured arm again, Qi Yue shouted worriedly. At the same time, Pei Yuanxun noticed his red-stained arm and his eyebrow wrinkled slightly. Pei Yuanxun raised his hand and said;

“Go and help young master Shen.”

“No, please send me home as soon as possible.” Coldly rejecting his kindness, Shen Liang turned around and got into carriage. Qi Yue and Qi Xuan followed, while Qi Xuan sat in driver seat he looked back at Shen Liang, still worried.

“Heh, don’t want to owe this prince too much?” It’s a funny little thing, still a teenager but as calm as an adult, his gesture and what he said truly made him more curious and want to find out more.

Iron Guards picked up part of the corpses on the ground, followed Shen Liang’s carriage and left. When he passed Pei Yuanxun’s carriage, Shen Liang clearly felt an unspeakable pressure but that feeling was inside the carriage. After driving past the feeling completely gone, inside the carriage Qi Yue re-dress the wound for him. He lowered his head and quickly put aside everything related to Pei Yuanxun, he was full of revenge. How to deal with those wealthy wolves and tigers in Dongling Mansion.

“Master, what young master Shen said is true. The grandson indeed in the bandit’s den. There is no problem yet.” Pei Yuanxun didn’t leave. Iron Guards quickly followed the clues into the bandit’s den and found out what was inside.

“Heh!” He didn’t expect to have such unexpected gain from this trip. Pei Yuanxun who was leaning against the carriage, slowly sway the teacup in his hand and said intently;

“Go back to Imperial city.”

“Huh?” The order surprised those who waited outside.

“Master, don’t we save Princess Yuehua’s grandson?”

“Do you think the old Emperor would like to see this prince do meritorious deeds?” Raising his eyes, Pei Yuanxun’s face was mocking.

“Secretly reveal the news to the princess, she knows what to do. We just need the elder princess to remember our love, no need for the old Emperor to know this merit.”

“Yes.” Iron Guards were a little angry, but had to do it. The old Emperor’s suspicion against them undoubtedly made them uncomfortable.