Chapter 3

Shen Liang clearly remembered that his eldest brother Shen Da, who ran away from home, had accumulated extraordinary military merits in just a few years with his own effort. He also had the favor from the God of War Huo Yelin. Shen Da’s only brother Shen Liang is gradually being remembered. As the saying goes, family ugliness shouldn’t be publicized. It is inevitable that people started notice something, Dongling Mansion had no choice but to send people to took Shen Liang back.

However, when they were about to reach Imperial city, they encountered bandits. Only Shen Liang was taken away, almost half a month later he was rescued from the bandit’s den by Liu Shuhan’s brother. At that time, as a ger, his reputation was ruined and he became the object of humiliation by the entire royal clan.

In the Great Qin Dynasty, there were not only men and women but also intersex people known as ger. They were all male in the appearance but they had two reproductive system. They could give birth to children and being treated as a wife. Shen Liang was one of them. Although there were not as many as men and women, it was not a rare species but in the powerful clan the wife still a woman, unless it was true love or the ger themselves had powerful background.

A ger who was kidnapped to the bandit’s den for half a month and had a ruined reputation. Even when his father was a Marquis. The royal clan and others were not willing to marry him and take him back as the wife. Reputation and merit, sometimes what they care about no longer gold, silver and jade but illusory reputation and face.

“Go, go….” In the heavy rain, they could hear the bandits and their chasing horses.

Inside the carriage, Shen Liang never expressed his opinion. Grandma Wei’s face changed, Jin Zhi was trembling with fear, Qi Yue and Qi Xuan’s body was stiff. They knew what it would like to be caught by the bandits. In past few years, they grew up in country village and they were so timid that they suffered so much. Now young master (Shen Da) relies on his own merits and Marquis Dongling finally thinks of Liang-liang. He will go back to enjoy the blessing when Marquis Dongling see Liang-liang. Now, even if they die, they won’t let the maids push Liang-liang out to save themselves.

“Fifth young master, you….”

“Grandma is right. We almost reach Imperial city; the bandits still dare to rob frantically on the official road. Are they willing to die or deliberately arranged?” Shen Liang didn’t wait for him to express his opinion, he interrupted him softly. Shen Liang’s eyes looked at grandma Wei deeply as if he could see everything.

Grandma Wei snorted for no reason; her eyes didn’t dare to meet his. She raised her voice;

“What an arrangement? If it weren’t for the evil spirit of fifth young master, how could we encounter such a thing?”

“Hahaha…” Shen Liang laughed coldly and smiled. It was indeed Liu Shuhan’s plan. In the previous life, Liu Shuhan’s brother rescue him. Liu Shuhan also had good reputation, he always respects them and regarded them as saviours. Now, I feel really stupid.

“Liang-liang….” Qi Yue and Qi Xuan felt uncomfortable looking at his smile.

“Grandma Wei, hurry up. The bandits are very close to us.” From outside the carriage, the driver’s voice rang again. As soon as he heard it, Shen Liang knew he also grandma Wei’s people. Otherwise, Shen Liang the young master is still there, why would you call grandma Wei constantly?

“Fifth young master, it is good for all of us if you take the initiative to sacrifice. Otherwise none of us will survive.” Hearing the driver, grandma Wei’s eyes were fierce and she said very seriously.

Shen Liang didn’t delay anymore, he slowly stood up. Wearing white washed old clothes, still unable to hide the noble aura in his body. Jin Zhi who was so scared almost passed out, couldn’t help but stared at him. How could living in country village cultivate such demeanour.