Chapter 24

Qingping Palace.

“Is there any news about Shen Liang’s location?”

“The subordinates are incompetent.” In his courtyard, Pei Yuanxun was sipping his tea. Tian Quan, who was responsible for tracking Shen Liang, knelt down and lied beside him a white tiger.

“It’s quite incompetent. I heard that Huanxi Tower is empty and mouldy.”

“Uh…”

Tian Quan shrank his neck, Iron Guards have seven leaders; Tian Shu, Tian Xuan, Tian Ji, Tian Quan, Yu Heng, Kai Yang and Yao Guang. They grew up with Pei Yuanxun when they were young. Except for Pei Yuanxun as their master, it can be said they weren’t afraid of anything. The only thing they were afraid of was Huanxi Tower, regardless of its name. It seemed joyful, but in fact, it had torture prison built underneath it, which collected all the inhumane punishments in the world. Even if those who entered weren’t tortured, they would have nervous breakdown.

“Master, you can’t blame Tian Quan for this, who would have thought that Shen Liang would sneaked out.” At a young age, the lively Yao Guang pleaded for Tian Quan.

“According to you, next time this prince asks you to follow someone. Do you have to collect information about the other’s personality preferences and so on, so that you can study it thoroughly?” Pei Yuanxun’s eyes swept past them, Yao Guang instantly hid behind Tian Shu who was close to him. Could it be the master really angry? Was Shen Liang really important?

“This matter indeed Tian Quang’s fault, please punish me.”

Yao Guang wasn’t only the younger but also a ger. Even if he was afraid of Huanxi Tower, Tian Quan still took responsibility. The punishment was to prevent angering Pei Yuanxun much.

“If the old man remember, Shen Liang is a ger, right? The prince is so worried, is it because of him?” Housekeeper Lin hurriedly intervened and clapped his hands excitedly;

“That’s good. The prince finally opened up; the old man no longer has to worry about the prince sleep alone for too long. I think it’s better to hit faster and choose a date, ask the matchmaker to go to Dongling Mansion and propose marriage. You don’t have to worry about betrothal gifts. As early as you were born, the first princess prepared and kept it for you to marry a princess in glorious manner.” The two people who were unable to fight with each other were about to get married. Not only Pei Yuanxun was speechless, even Tian Shu and others were also dumbfounded.

“Tian Shu, throw this old thing out for me.” Even if you want to marry, you can talk about it so crudely. He couldn’t take it.

“Yes.”

“Eh… you are here again…”

Tian Shu obeyed the order and grabbed his back collar. Housekeeper Lin kept howling like a pig being slayed. The rest of them bowed their heads in silence, mourning their master who never had virtue of respecting the old and loving the young. It was really embarrassing for them to see him hit Old Lin every day.

“Today’s matter, let’s take it as an example.” The courtyard was quiet again, Pei Yuanxun waved his hand told them to leave.

“Thank you, master!”

“Further supervision, this prince needs to know Shen Liang’s daily activities.”

“Huh?” Tian Quan and the others raised their heads in surprise. Would the master be so corcerned? Is it true that you already in love?

“Why? Have any opinions?” Picking up his teacup, Pei Yuanxun looked at them;

“No.” Whether or not he like Shen Liang, master was happy. If there is a princess, that also a good thing.

Inner City, Yin Alley.

Quietly returned to Tison House, Shen Liang ate something to fill his stomach. They left the carriage at Tison House and walked to Yin Alley after making sure no one followed them. Yin Alley was in inner city, this place also very close to outer city, mostly people who live here were small merchants.

“Tok… tok…” The tree of them stopped in front of a courtyard, Qi Xuan stepped forward and knocked the door. After a while, a handsome young man opened the door.

“You are?” The young man was thin and looked like seventeen or eighteen years old, his eyes were filled with precaution. He was the person Shen Liang asked Qi Xuan to watch. Fu Yunxi, the first advisor of Qin Yunshen in his previous life.

“Someone who can help you. Why don’t you ask us to go in and sit?” Shen Liang was acting like seeing an old friend, his expression very calm. Fu Yunxi’s eyes looked at him with disgust.

“Help me? I don’t think so, I don’t need your help.”

“You don’t want your father’s life anymore?”

Fu Yunxi was about to close the door when Shen Liang’s words freeze him.

“Who are you?”

“I can save your father and help you revenge against someone.” Shen Liang said slowly and looked at him in the eyes.

“You…”

Fu Yunxi finally took him seriously. He also could feel different aura against Shen Liang, he looks so young but those eyes carried maturity and stability.

“Come in!”

Fu Yunxi was a wise man. Shen Liang appearance was a bit unconvincing but his aura said different. He didn’t think much so he opened the door and Shen Liang didn’t want to be polite with him, he also brought Qi brothers in. What they didn’t know was at the alley entrance not far from here, a carriage sat there and lowered its curtain.

“Master?”

Hearing that Shen Liang returned to Tison House, Tian Quan immediately reported to his master. Unexpectedly, his master ran up in person and happened to meet Shen Liang and Qi brothers leaving Tison House. They followed the three of them till here.

“Fu Yunxi, Qin Dynasty number one talented scholar the master of six poems. Interesting.” Inside the carriage, Pei Yuanxun smiled and his eyes seemed more curious. In the Imperial Examination, there were three champions. Fu Yunxi, he was a miracle could score six poems in a row, but it was a pity he wasn’t good at reading and couldn’t understand humane. If he was reported trying to cheat, his life would be gone. But it was better that he only got stripped of his fame and cast aside by scholars’ communities.

However, someone with brain would know that Fu Yunxi was framed. After the exam, someone would hire him as counselour with huge payment, but Pei Yuanxun didn’t expect Shen Liang would be one of them. What did he want to do? A young master of Dongling Mansion who wasn’t favoured, recruit Fu Yunxi. Was he trying to win the world?