2: house of the rising son

Astrid was in the living room, trying once more to find a way to write a letter to Harry. That she was pregnant. Rebekah suddenly stormed through the front door, loudly calling out for her eldest brother. "Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get me back to this godforsaken city, then well done. I'm here, and I'm worried. Now pick up before I kick in your bloody door." She noticed Astrid sitting on one of the couches, raising an eyebrow at her. "Where's Elijah?"

"Don't know. Last I heard of him, he was keeping the witches in check." Astrid mumbled, crushing the parchment into a ball, throwing it somewhere in the room.

Erik walked in, shutting the door slowly behind him. "Hey, preggo." He joked, walking towards her.

The blonde ignored them. "Niklaus has most probably done something dastardly and Klaus-like." She began marching around the house. "Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!"

Astrid sighed, Erik sitting down next to her. She called for him loudly without moving from her seat. "Nik!"

Astrid ignored the rest as Erik began talking to her. "You writing to Harry?" He asked her with care. "I'm trying to. I can't figure out how to tell him."

"I can understand that." Erik nodded in agreement. "I'm godfather, right? Let's just get that straight first."

She scoffed at him. "I don't trust you enough for that. I haven't thought about those details. I've barely wrapped my head around it."

"Excuse me? I was the only person who actually liked you a thousand years ago at Hogwarts, and now you're saying you don't trust me? Rude." He retorted, rolling his eyes at her.

She responded knowingly. "I think you'll find that there was one other person I actually liked when we were enrolled there."

"Ah yes. The Hufflepuff. Novalie Erikson. I remember her. Good soul. Until that bastard killed her." He snarled, remembering her torturous death.

Klaus interrupted their conversation, explaining his whereabouts to Astrid. "It appears the night is not quite over, yet. I'm off for another drink with Marcel." He kissed her cheek lovingly.

Rebekah glared at her brother. "Elijah told me about your plan to take apart Marcel's empire piece by piece. I don't remember it involving you two drinking New Orleans dry together."

"I know you don't have many friends, Rebekah, but what some friends do when they get together is they drink." Klaus repeated her insult to him, and Astrid rolled her eyes. "And when they drink, they tell secrets. Marcel has somehow found a way to control the entirety of witches in the Quarter, and I aim to uncover the 'how' so I might take it for myself. Finding Elijah didn't make my to-do list today." He mused bitterly.

Astrid groaned. "This is so unfair. I'm all cooped up in here, unable to drink any alcohol, while you're out having fun with Marcel."

"You'll reunite soon." He reassured her, kissing her slightly pouting lips in a farewell.

The hybrid paused when he reached the door, turning to Rebekah with a large smile. "Oh, and welcome home, little sister."

When the door shut behind him, Rebekah turned to Astrid. "Please help me find Elijah. I know you remember the governor's secret rooms. His favourites."

Astrid sighed. "Erik lived here with us." She turned to him. "Erik, go and help your wife."

"He doesn't know it as well as you do. Please." Rebekah begged her sister-in-law, smiling over at her.

Astrid eventually gave in, and Erik followed the two women, who walked into a dusty cellar, which was overwhelmed by large cobwebs. The wizard quickly took notice of their coffins in the corner. "Of course he brought the bloody coffins."