43: you hung the moon

Astrid and Klaus were on their bed, Astrid straddling Klaus as they engaged in a fierce moment of passion. Klaus' hands were trailing down her sides as she pulled him closer by her arms that were wrapped around the back of his neck.

Klaus' shirt had been removed, thrown somewhere in their room, while Astrid wore nothing but her red lingerie, her matching sheer robe over the top. Klaus flipped them over, roughly kissing her neck, creating small bruises which healed almost instantly, while bringing one of her legs around his waist, not breaking his contact.

Astrid moaned quietly in bliss as she weaved a hand into Klaus' blonde curls. Unbeknownst to them, two people had entered their room, which wasn't clear until someone cleared their throat. Astrid opened her eyes and lifted her head up to see who was at the door and groaned in aggravation at the interruption. "Fucking cockblock."

Klaus looked back and rolled his eyes. "I thought I smelled swamp." He looked at both Jackson and Elijah, who looked enraged and disgusted by the sight in front of them, while also trying not to look at Astrid and her lack of clothing.

Astrid glared behind Klaus' shoulder, sitting up as Klaus wrapped an arm around her midsection. "May we help you?" She questioned irritably as Klaus place his face in the place that connected her neck and shoulder for a moment, breathing her in before he stood. Astrid stood next to him, reluctantly getting to her feet.

Elijah looked at the nearest wall, moving his eyes away from them. "Astrid, I beg of you, please put some clothes on."

Astrid looked down at her robe, which had been tied as she got up. "I think I'll stay like this. It's our bedroom, meaning I can wear whatever I want."

Elijah sighed, annoyed. "How many times will I have to see you in lingerie?"

"Well, once you learn the concept of a closed door, then it probably won't happen anymore." Astrid responded patronisingly, smiling sarcastically at him. "A closed door means the people on the other side want privacy. Furthermore, that then means you should knock if you want to enter. It's our room, Elijah. We are free to do whatever we want in it."

Jackson grew bored of their conversation and growled at Klaus, who was still shirtless. "What'd you do with Hayley?"

Astrid sighed. "I don't know if you could tell, but we were busy. I don't know the whereabouts of your wife, unfortunately. If I did, she'd be very dead by now."

Jackson glared at her, his hybrid eyes flashing gold at the threat, to which the couple smirked.

Klaus chuckled and took a step towards them. "Has Jackson misplaced his bride?" He pretended to think. "Come to think about it, I did read that global warming was affecting migration patterns. Try Georgia!"

"I just left the bodies of people I care about to rot in the woods because you left them defenceless against poachers!" Jackson sneered at him in anger, while Klaus looked mildly surprised at this information. "Like Kingmaker Land Development. Does that ring a bell?" The name made the couple's faces fall at the realisation. "Yeah, the CEO is Lucien Castle." He told them, pointing at Elijah. "Elijah tells me you two go way back-"

Elijah interrupted him and walked in front of Klaus. "I will ask you once; what do you know?"

Klaus gestured to Elijah with a smug smirk. "As it happens, we just came back from a romp with our good friend Lucien. You can find him in the penthouse in the gaudy new construction on Canal. While you two are catching up, be sure to ask him about the prophetic vision he showed us of our family's spectacular downfall. You could use a good laugh."

"Yes...I found it quite..." She trailed off, tapping her chin to find the words. "Shakespearean...just with even worse poetry. About how the entire family will reach its end." She laughed at what he said the night before. "Well, much more than it already has."