3: tangled up in the blue

As Klaus had swore to Astrid, the plantation was now fully stocked with every food that his wife craved.

Astrid knew that she had to stay inside the house, even if she was displeased by the fact. It was necessary for Klaus' plans to work. Astrid had stayed put in that house for a week, and kept herself busy. Despite how many times she had said no, Klaus had given her a laptop so that she could do whatever she pleased.

Erik has agreed to keep her company so that she wouldn't be by herself. Astrid thought he was just annoying to her, like he always was. There was one thing that she hadn't done. Send that letter to Harry. She couldn't find it in her mind on how to word it.

Because she hadn't even admitted it out loud. She didn't want to get her hopes up, which she had done many times before.

Astrid's thoughts were disrupted when Rebekah walked through the front door in front of Klaus, a pout on her lips. "I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!"

Klaus smirked at her in amusement. "Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot?" He frowned in fury. "Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked my wife and child!"

"And they say romance is dead." Astrid remarked, rolling her eyes. Erik's laughter caused him to fall off of the couch he was sitting on.

Rebekah continued to argue with her brother. "Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the woman carrying your hybrid bun in her oven."

"Bekah." Astrid spoke up warningly, her and Erik joining the two siblings in the foyer. "What plan are we on exactly? You obviously have many."

Klaus smiled warmly at her, kissing her on the cheek. "Well, that depends what plan you mean, love; my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to get her and Erik away from here so that they can embrace their true love."

Rebekah grabbed a pencil from a desk near her, throwing it in her brother's direction. He caught it with ease before it could embed into his face. Astrid and Erik rolled their eyes. "Hello? How does any of this argument help us get Elijah back? Not to mention you drinking with your 'mortal enemy' every single night?"

Klaus rolled his eyes at Erik's questioning. "Ok. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy, he's my friend." He said pointedly. "Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly-" He gestured for his sister to finish his plan. "-Sister, please."

Rebekah told them. "And thirdly, the plan, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back."

Astrid crossed her arms, looking at them in disbelief. "Oh, please. Tell me that is not all you have in action."

Rebekah scoffed. "Please!"

"So...Obviously you have more than that, Nik. Right?"

"That's only Plan A, darling. There's always a Plan B." He reassured Astrid.

"And what is that?" She questioned curiously.

He smiled sinisterly, raising his eyebrows. "War."

Rebekah & Erik had left the plantation to go to the Quarter while Klaus & Astrid stayed at the house. Astrid was sat down with her quill, once again trying to word her letter.

She looked up at him. "Nik?" He stopped in his continuous pacing. "Yes, love?" She thought over her next sentence. "I need to be more active in the decisions that are being made. We need to do this together. I refuse to be left out while also being stuck in the plantation. You cannot have both. You have two options here, my love...You include me more often and I will stay here without a fuss or....I will start making myself more active in this situation it's or without your liking." She said to him, preparing to challenge him on this.