40: fire with fire

Harsh sounds of thunder could be heard as Rebekah walked over to close the windows, stopping any more rain from getting inside. Rebekah stopped though, when she saw a coat of blood covering the windowpane, which had been opened wide. She called out in a panic. "Elijah!"

Elijah and Erik walked to the source of the shout and noticed the blood. Elijah paused in his steps as panic coursed through both of the vampires.

Rebekah led Erik and Marcel into the room where they had been keeping Astrid's coffin, only to find it empty, no sign of Astrid anywhere. Rebekah gasped loudly, and rushed to Klaus' art studio, only to find the room vacant. "No!"  She yelled, horrified. She turned to Marcel who had followed her, as well as Erik. "Where the hell are they? Where have they gone?"

Marcel didn't say a word as he stared at the empty coffin in front of him, fearful.

Over at the Bayou, Jackson was double checking the string on his bow. Hayley walked into the room, giving him yet another suggestion on where they should flee to. "What about Alaska?"

Jackson thought about his answer for a short while before shrugging with a smile. "I could live in Alaska."

Their conversation was interrupted as they heard a cut-off cry of agony from outside. They quickly got over their surprise and rushed outside. They found a wolf on the floor, with his voice box ripped out, and Astrid with her hand covered in his blood. Hayley was horrified at the presence of the couple, which only cause the couple's smirks to grow.

"Good evening to you, Crescents." Klaus greeted falsely, his smirk turned troublesome.

Astrid's teeth grinded against each other as she forced a smile on her lips. "Now, I believe you have something of ours. Something that was most definitely not yours to take." She commented obviously, her voice calm, which instilled fear in the Crescent Wolves.

"It will come as no surprise to you when you learn that tonight will not be ending well...for any of you." Klaus mused with an evil laugh, his stance defensive, readying to fight any of them who came at him.

Jackson protectively stepped in front of Hayley, talking to her, keeping his eyes on the married couple. "Go back inside. Get Hope and Mary and get out of here."

Hayley rejected his idea, disliking the idea of hiding and running from the both of them. "I can help you!"

"I'll be right behind you." Jackson replied, hoping she would take the advice and take the baby and run.

Hayley frowned, trying to advise him against it. "Jack..."

"Just take Hope and run." He snapped at her, and Hayley then moved away, speeding in another direction. Jackson swallowed before calling out to the other wolves of the pack, who had begun to circle Klaus and Astrid. "Let's take them!"

"Yeah, I don't think so." Astrid remarked in amusement, before swiftly moving out of the way of the wolf that went to swing at her, speeding in the same direction that Hayley had done moments earlier.

Klaus smirked at the wolves that surrounded him, challenging them to go for him. They all charged at him at once, and it immediately broke out into a violent battle. Klaus grabbed onto one of the wolves and threw his head into a window made out of glass, and his skull shattered at the harsh impact. Klaus was grabbed by a wolf, which held him while Jackson hit him with an arrow, which lodged steadily into his chest.

Klaus shoved the werewolf with all his strength, roughly sending the lycanthrope into a nearby vehicle. "You think you can defeat me with your toys?" He questioned humourously.

"We're just getting warmed up." Jackson retorted, his tone arrogant.

Klaus chuckled at his words. "So, Hayley runs, and you hold the line. How valiant. Not too bright, though. You do remember our last, somewhat one-sided altercation?"