❤︎A Hike With Jade❤︎

A/N: Sorry if there are any typos or errors I'm not using my grammerly :l anyway I would say Jade is my love, out of all 21 of them but I can't pick it's too hard 🤭🤭

"Jade, do you think we packed enough food and equipment?"

"Yes." Jade packed snacks and a camera. Then things to store what they found, along with gloves since Yuu insisted. He looked down at them, nodding reassuringly. "Let's go. We'll be back before dark."

——
A couple days prior

"Floyd I swear to god give me back my notebook I'm doing homework!" Yuu was trying to grab their notebook from Floyd, who was holding it above his head with a smug smile. "Don't worry I'm only making you take a break Koebi-Chan. You've been studying since dawn. Not even Azul and Jade study that much."

"Well excuse me if I can't skip classes as easily as you." Yuu jumped and snatched the notebook, darting off as soon as they could. Once they reached the doorway to Mostro lounge they bumped right into Jade, causing him to spill the tray of tea he had prepared. "Mm.. hello Yuu."

"Gosh. I'm so sorry, Jade. I'll repay you for the damage." Yuu dropped to the floor immediately, starting to pick up the pieces of ceramic. Jade watched quietly. Once they were done he patted their head and called someone to clean up the rest of the mess. "Come with me. You're going to help remake the tea."

While they made the tea, Jade invited Yuu to go hiking with him that weekend. He didn't call it a date. He said he only wanted someone to speak to about his interests to, but Yuu felt so giddy inside that they could only hope it was more than just that.

——
Current Time

"Yuu, focus." Jade grabbed Yuu's arm. When they looked down they saw a ledge, the edge dropping pretty far. "Gosh..."

"Yeah, stay alert- oh my god is that a Fly Amanita." Jade pulled Yuu off towards the mushrooms and crouched down. "I'll take a few." He smiled, picking them from the base and setting them gently in a box. "These are really popular. You've probably seen them on tv." The mushroom Jade held up to Yuu's face was a red mushroom with white dots all over it.

"Pretty." Yuu smiled. Of course they were paying attention, but they were mostly thinking of Jade, and how pretty he looked while he spoke about his plants.

"They'll look so pretty in this new terrarium I'm building." Jade looked over at Yuu. "Speaking of.. what's your favorite color?"

"What's yours?"

"I'm sure I asked you first."

"Please?"

"Hm.. I guess anything not too colorful.. probably an earthy green, maybe black.. Or something like that." He stood back up and headed further up the mountain. It was harder for Yuu than him since he came up here often.

"Well, that's my favorite color too." Yuu didn't really have a favorite color, so they just used Jade's. "Oh, well that makes my job easy.." Jade picked a few different types of moss from trees and then crouched down. "What do you think of this one, Yuu?" Jade took their hand and tugged them down, smiling brightly. It made Yuu's heart flutter. "You're gorgeous- I-I mean.. it's gorgeous. What's the name of it."

Jade just nodded slowly, giving a quiet laugh. "It's an ink cap mushroom. I didn't think you would like it that much."

"I do. I really do." Yuu spoke quietly.

A long moment went by of no one saying anything. Just Jade examining Yuu and processing what they had said. "Well, I promised I would have you back before dark. We've been here for quite a while." He stood straight and offered his hand. Yuu took it and pulled themself to their feet, looking up at Jade. It appeared that they wanted to say something . "What is it?" He tilted his head at Yuu.

"Nothing, don't worry." They patted Jade's chest and started the trek down the mountain. Jade's skin felt hot where Yuu had patted him. He shook his head and caught up since his friend didn't know the way back nearly well enough to be left alone. Plus, he had to get to work on a terrarium with ink caps. He needed to write that down.