ruggie x reader | enjoy it | request

A/n: This was a request by @sarahthenshi thank so much!!

Ruggie stepped into his dorm room, dropping his bag and sliding down the door. He heard footsteps cross the room and hands being set on his shoulders. "Babe?"

"What's making you upset?"

"Hm... I'm not upset. I've been given a break. He's demoting me I bet!"

Y/n cleared their throat. "I'm sure that isn't what's happening..."

"Why else?"

"Because you deserve it?"

"Do I?" He had a look of disbelief on his face.

"You do." Y/n sat down in front of Ruggie, tapping his chin so he would look at them. "Why don't you enjoy your break huh? I was here waiting for you to get back so we could hang out, and now it looks like we can, so let's make this break worth while."

He nodded, standing up with y/n. "What are we doing then? I'm a bit exhausted."

"Then let's just relax. Come here." They took Ruggie's arm and pulled him into his bed.

Ruggie smiled, moving his hands to y/n's waist. "I'm sorry for being boring."

"Don't worry about it." They kissed his cheek, repositioning so they were both laying down facing each other.

Ruggie hid his face in y/n's chest, squeezing them a little while they played with his hair. He let a low purr rest in his throat when y/n started to pet his ears and scratch behind them. "I'm guessing that's a pleasant reaction?"

Ruggie's tail swished a bit, moving to curl around them. "Mhm..." He rubbed circles into their skin idly.

"That's good." Y/n kissed the tip of one of Ruggie's ears, petting his tail gently since it was resting over their body. "Do you feel less on edge now?"

"Yes." His voice was quiet. He'd melted into y/n's arms as soon as they touched his tail. "Thank you." He pulled them a bit closer, setting his chin on their head. They wrapped their arms around his waist and got comfortable. "How long do you think this'll last?"

"Until Leona decides he needs me."

"So not very long. Guess you should enjoy it."

"Trust me, I am."

A/n: your request was pretty simple so I kept it short and sweet! Ruggie deserves all the love in the world ;-;