sebek x reader | salmon carpaccio | request

A/n: A request from @viviandex
We aren't gonna talk about how embarrassingly long it took me to get to this request 😭😭 I got busy have mercy.

Honestly, no one knew what they were, most saw them as best friends, some rumored that they were more, but if you asked Sebek? He would say that Y/N was just a classmate, nothing more, nothing less.

However, he didn't let others into his space like he did with her. He didn't walk to class with others like he did with her, and he never ever worried about anyone more than he worried about her. Except Malleus, but that's to be expected from someone like Sebek.

———

"Well, Sebek deserves it!" Y/N smiled. She was in the kitchen preparing to make salmon carpaccio. Lilia had told her it was Sebek's favorite food from his childhood. So she clearly had to ask for the recipe.

"I'll leave you to it then." Lilia waved and headed off

"Thanks!" Y/N just wanted to do something nice, since Sebek was one of her first friends at this school. So to work she went. She had it all planned out.

———

But sometimes things didn't go as planned.

"What in the name of the great seven happened here?"

The kitchen was a mess and y/n was standing to the side, pressing a napkin to her hand. "Um..."

"I knew you were clumsy, but I never assumed you'd be this much of a mess!" He was yelling. He always yelled, but somehow it only made y/n feel worse. More embarrassed.

Sebek walked over and flipped her hand, sighing at the cut across her palm. "And you've hurt yourself too? You need to stop letting yourself get in the way!" He turned to the cabinet behind him, pulling the first aid kit out. But before he could process what happened, y/n had left him in the kitchen by himself. All he could do was sigh and begin to clean up.

———

The next few days were all the same.

"Y/n! Make sure you wear a coat today it's supposed to rain!"

No response.

"Are we sitting together at lunch?"

No response.

"How is your hand?"

No response.

He tried for days to get her to respond to him with no success.

———

Sebek was watering plants on the balcony on the second floor of their dorm building. While silver slept in a chair.

Normally Sebek wouldn't give Silver the pleasure of having a conversation with him, but he was lonely, and he wasn't great at being quiet.

"Silver, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong."

A snort came from Silver, who had just woken up. "Huh?"

"With y/n? She won't talk to me."

"Maybe it's because you were a jerk the other day." He yawned, stretching out his limbs.

"What on earth could you be talking ab-" He paused, thinking back to a few days before. "Oh. I should fix that should I not?"

"I mean you are friends with her, right?"

"I suppose..."

"Then you should fix that." Silver rubbed his eyes, covering them with his hand. "Now may I please go back to sleep?"

Sebek set down his watering can and left immediately.

———

Y/n sat at a table in the library during study hour, trying not to fall asleep. She didn't understand math. And Sebek was usually the one who helped her figure it out, but now she was on her own.

She didn't want to hang out with him anyways. After all he was noisy, and she'd get detention for being loud if he was with her, AND-

In the midst of talking herself out of finding her best friend, a hand locked around her wrist. "Ow, why is your grip so strong?!"

A  'shush' echoed through the library. Y/n looked to the librarian and then to the hand holding her wrist. She followed the arm up to the green cuffed sleeves, and all the way to the spiky green hair. "Sebek?"

He tugged her to stand. "Apologies, for your wrist." And he pulled her out of the library.

"Sebek we can't leave study hour!"

"The only rule is to make no noise, which you are doing right now!" He stepped out of the library.

"What do you want?"

"I want to apologize. For the actions I've previously taken to put you in the position to shun me."

She blinked. Then she blinked again. "Say that again but in English this time."

"I'm sorry for hurting you and causing you to ignore me! I was only worried about you and you were trying to do something for me which made me feel bad, and then I took it out on you instead of helping you first. I'm deeply sorry."

"Humility? From Sebek Zigvolt? The king of pride? The arrogance expert? What can I even say?"

"That you will forgive me. That would be the ideal outcome."

"I forgive you Sebek. I know I'm a human but I have feelings."

"I'm starting to realize that, human. Now, let us get back to class. I need to find a book for you on how to make salmon carpaccio."

"Oh, do you?"

"Yes, of course! After all it is a delicacy you can't afford to be clueless on the recipe of." He continued to hold her wrist, taking her back to the library as she reminded him to lower his voice.

A/n: Hope you enjoyeddddd