❤︎A Party with Kalim❤︎

A/n: Been a while 🙄 had a scare with parental controls 😟😟😟 as always if you see a typo no you didn't

It had been a slow day in the board game club. Azul hadn't shown so Yuu and Idia were playing cards. He was pretty quiet, but Yuu enjoyed the times that it was just the two of them. Unfortunately, their peace and quiet was interrupted by Kalim, bursting into the classroom with a huge smile on his face.

"There's a party in Scarabia tonight! Be there or you're totally lame!" He grabbed Idia by his hoodie and shook him, then he ran over to Yuu and did a drumroll on their lap. "It's gonna be epic!"

By the time Yuu looked for Idia to help he was gone and the door to the classroom had swung shut.

"Guess he's a buzzkill. But you're who I really, really want to be there anyways." He smiled brightly. Yuu couldn't really resist when he smiled like that, pearly white teeth on display.

"Sure, but you scared off my uno partner." Yuu leaned on their hand, tossing their cards.

"My b, my b! I'll play a round or two with you!"

"Don't you have your own club?"

"Cater has a meeting today and Lilia has a few exams to study for."

"Oh, well alright. Let's play." Yuu stacked the deck. Kalim slid the deck over and gave it a shuffle, flourishing the cards and dealing them quickly. "Jamil taught me that one!"

"You're about to get schooled at uno you know."

He looked at them with a small head tilt. "We'll see."
——
Yuu tried doing their makeup as skillfully as others, but after 3 attempts they settled with eyeliner and some lip tint. "Gosh, I'm terrible at this makeup thing."

"Yeah, you really are." Grim nodded.

"Go away Grim. Your insults won't get me today." They brushed him off.

"Oh, because you got a personal invite to Kalim's party? Haven't you had a crush on him for ages? You should be sweating a puddle right now."

"Grim! You aren't helping!"

"You're getting all prettied up for him too, huh?"

Yuu threw a makeup brush at Grim and went back to doing their hair and getting dressed.
——
Yuu entered the mirror to Scarabia with Deuce, Jack and Grim. Ace was being forced to stay back with Riddle and study since his grades weren't doing the best. "Nervous?" Grim was still teasing.

"What would they be nervous about?" Deuce looked at Grim.

"Well, Yuu has this huge-"

"Yuu!" Kalim came bolting over as soon as they came into view.

"You'll see what I mean just watch." Grim nudged Deuce.

"I love peacock green." Kalim was looking at Yuu's outfit, which had hints of peacock green and gold among the main color, white.

Yuu felt their face heat up immediately. "You do?"

"Yeah, you look amazing." He gave them two thumbs up. "Oh yeah, you guys too! Make yourselves feel at home!" He took Yuu's hand and pulled them inside.

Deuce looked at Grim. "I see what you mean."

"Are they a thing?" Jack held his chin in thought.

"Probably." Deuce shrugged. Cater ran past them with Ace. "Let's go losers! It's called a party for a reason!!!"

"How did you get past Riddle- and they're gone."
——
Kalim had led Yuu to the lounge where everyone was hanging out. After he fed them a spoonful of every single thing Jamil cooked they ended up dancing in the middle of the floor together. The music was loud and everyone was close together. Eventually Yuu stepped off to the side to get a drink. It was a little too much excitement for one night. I mean, Idia Shroud was their main friend, so it wasn't like Yuu hung out with loud people.

Kalim walked over after a few minutes. "What's up?" He spoke over the music.

"It's a bit overwhelming!"

Kalim couldn't hear, so he pulled Yuu off to a quiet area. "What?"

"I said I was getting overwhelmed. The party is great. I'm just not used to all of this." They smiled apologetically.

Kalim blinked. "Do you want to take a break? We can go out for a bit." He didn't understand Yuu's emotions around the party, but he would do whatever made them happy.

"Yes, I'd like that." Yuu let Kalim take their hand again and pull them up to a balcony.

"I guess this isn't the best time for surprises then is it? It would be overwhelming."

"Probably, maybe after I calm down." Yuu smiled.

Kalim sat on the edge of the balcony, falling backwards onto his flying carpet. The carpet slid down and hovered above the ground.

Yuu just stared. "Oh gosh."

"Get on?"

"Absolutely not!"

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course I do."

"Then hold my hand and let me take you for a ride." His teeth practically sparkled when he flashed that smile at Yuu.

Yuu shut their eyes and took Kalim's hand. He pulled them onto the rug. When they were seated next to him and felt the wind blowing past them they opened their eyes.

Yuu relaxed as soon as they felt Kalim squeeze their hand. He explained the constellations that could be seen from where they were, and the different sands and oasis's around. He even gave them a bit of tropical rain for a while. Yuu didn't really notice the look Kalim was giving them. It didn't seem like he noticed either.
——
During the return trip the rug slid nearly sideways due to the air pushing against it. Yuu went toppling for a second before Kalim put an arm around them and let them hide against his side. "We're fine, just a bit of turbulence. Are you ready to get back in there and party your butt off?"

"I'd much rather stay here with you." Yuu laughed.

"We can always do that. I mean, if it would make you happy."

"Well, I wouldn't want you to miss the party."

"Well, I like you enough to miss it if you want me to!" The carpet landed on the balcony.

Yuu smiled and stood up with Kalim. "I like you enough to go back out there. Let's go party." They pulled him down the stairs.

Kalim took a flower from the vase on the balcony before he was dragged away, catching Yuu by the waist and tucking the flower into their hair. "You really do look good in that." He smiled and ran back into the party with a flustered Yuu.

A/n: Fun facts. One, I wrote this so fast I can't believe it. Second, I have a buzzcut lol so no hair for Kalim's flowers.