❤︎Playlists with Lilia❤︎

A/n: I use Enma Yuuken as a stand in since he is the manga mc. Usually it is just 'Yuu' but if you see 'Ken' or 'Enma' then that also is the MC.

Yuu knew he loved music, so they figured the best way to confess to him was with something like that.

Before they knew it it was 3 am and they were with Idia. He was helping them make a playlist of songs. Part of them thought their crush would just know it was romantic, but another part hoped he wouldn't. Whatever happened, one thing was true. Yuu was hopelessly infatuated with Lilia Vanrouge.
——
The next morning they walked into Lilia's classroom. "Is Lilia here?"

"Of course I am. What do you need?" He appeared out of nowhere, smiling warmly.

Yuu swallowed hard. He couldn't speak. Lilia was upside down, a hand under his chin as he thought. "Have you come to bring me something?"

"Yes!" How did he know that. "I um.. I made you a playlist..."

"How cute. What did you use to make it?"

"I... I put them on a disc... and online. Whichever you um... whichever you want."

"You put them on a disc for me?" He landed on the floor on his feet. "I'll take it that way."

Yuu reached into their bag and pulled out a hot pink disc. It made Lilia smile. Yuu thrusted their hand outwards in an attempt to commit to his confession.

Lilia looked at the cd case. Was that a heart?"Thank you Enma." He patted Yuu's head gently and took the disc. "You should go. Don't be late for class because of me."

"Of course." They rushed off, feeling their heart rattling against their ribcage.
——
Why would Yuu give him a playlist? Lilia was usually quite good at understanding modern things. It wasn't like he just poofed into the modern era, but some things just didn't make sense. He already had a feeling that Yuu had a crush on him, but this further solidified that theory.

What would he do now though?

"Is that a love song?" Trey was already seated.

"It's a playlist. I'm not sure if they're love songs." He shrugged, placing it in his bag. It seemed to burn a figurative hole into his book bag from how excited he was to listen. He had great composure, but as of now, while he was quickly pulling the disc out and putting it in his CD player, he wasn't thinking about staying composed. He wanted to know what Yuu thought of him.

So he listened. He listened to all three hours of music, and he understood. He understood the way Yuu felt.

The strange thing was, he felt the same.
——
Lilia dashed through the hallways of the school and bursted into Yuu's classroom as soon as they were leaving. He realized only when he got there that he didn't need to run.

"H-Hey..."

"Hi, Yuu. I loved the playlist." He smiled brightly and shook their hand. "I made you one... thank you for thinking about me. I made yours in an app so you can listen while you're out." He smiled. "We can exchange numbers and I'll send it to you. Yeah?"

"Yeah... of course." Yuu nodded a bit too eagerly, holding their phone out for him.

Lilia typed in his number and added his contact. Then he texted himself.

When Yuu got his phone back he saw Lilia's contact. 'Vanrouge'

Yuu smiled at how simple it was. "Thank you. Send me the playlist whenever. I'll listen."

"Of course." Lilia left the classroom.
——
Yuu was in his bed when he saw the playlist in his texts. He clicked it and added it to his music app, turning it on. He shivered at the heavy metal that ran through his speakers. He had to look up the lyrics, but it was so clearly a love song.

The mix of heavy metal and dramatic violin almost illustrated the way Lilia felt for Yuu. They listened to the short, half hour of music and rolled over, texting Lilia.

'I loved the playlist.'

'Really? That's great.' He responded fast.

'So you do like me, right?' Yuu didn't mean to actually send that.

A few minutes passed with Lilia's typing bubbles.
...

...

...

'How could you tell?'

Yuu didn't respond again that night.
——
Lilia went about his day quietly. He was sulking since he thought he scared Yuu away.

But when he walked out of his classroom and was pulled into an adjacent hallway by Yuu he knew he hadn't scared him away. Especially since Yuu's next question was 'can I kiss you?'

And as they kissed it was clearer than ever.

Lilia was just as enamored with Yuu as he thought he was, and if he had to speak through music to get his point across he'd do it every day.

A/n: lmk if there are any typos oops