❤︎Studying with Sebek❤︎

A/n: Sebek is my favorite lol can you tell?

"Oh god, finals." Epel had his forehead on his desk, lifting and dropping his head so it knocked on the desk.

"It isn't that bad. You'll manage." Yuu was seated next to him and patted his arm. "Just study yourself to death and you'll pass." They picked up their books and headed out of the classroom, knocking directly into Sebek's chest. "Oh god. You're like a wall-" They shook their head to gain their composure. Sebek patted Yuu's shoulder. "Watch where you walk Yuu! You could hurt yourself!" He obviously meant well, but his volume was way too much and the pat on the shoulder actually kind of hurt.

"Of course Sebek. I was just distracted. Epel is struggling with his finals." They pointed to him with one hand and rubbed their shoulder with the other. He waved. Sebek gave a stiff wave back and looked back at Yuu. "Why don't you tutor him if he needs the extra help?"

"Sebek, don't you need a tutor too? Worry about your own grades!" Epel threw an eraser at him.

"You need a tutor?"

Sebek caught the eraser, tossing it up in his hand. "No respectable diasomnia member would be falling behind in their classes."

"Well, if you ever need help just call me. You too Epel."

"No thanks I've got it covered." Epel nodded and left the classroom, catching his eraser when Sebek tossed it back. "See ya."

Sebek looked around to make sure no one important would hear him. "I'll call you. I'm in danger of failing my English class.."

Yuu nodded. "It's alright. I can help."

"You don't think I'm completely and impossibly inferior?"

"Of course not. You just need a little help. We can meet at Ramshackle if you want to keep this tutoring thing a secret." Yuu was happy to help, plus they had a huge crush on Sebek, so this made it easier to spend time with him.

"I'd appreciate that. Will your cat be there?" Sebek looked a little less formal than usual. Yuu smiled. "He isn't a cat, but he'll probably be with Ace and Deuce."

Sebek nodded. "Can we meet up tomorrow?"

"Mhm! Just text me a time." Yuu got their bag and left the classroom.

Sebek sighed and sat down. He felt a weight leave his shoulders.
——
The next day was a Saturday. At 9:45 am Sebek walked into the lounge of Ramshackle. "Human! Are you here?"

Yuu was hooking the cufflinks of their uniform and walking down the steps. "Sorry, I didn't expect you to be so punctual!"

"Of course! Anything less than 15 minutes early is late!"

Yuu smiled. "Definitely. Let's sit down. What are you having trouble with?"

"Alchemy and potions."

"Is it the elements in alchemy? Or the formulas?"

"Formulas.. the memorization of the elements isn't too hard but knowing how to use the formulas and amounts to make different compounds and materials is difficult." He blushed a bit while admitting his shortcomings.

"Then let's get into it." Yuu cracked open a book and smiled at Sebek.

Sebek nodded and sat down next to Yuu.

He tried his best to focus on the explanations for the work, but all he could really think about was taking a nap. Did Yuu like naps? What if they woke up early just to help him? That would be unfortunate. After all, you shouldn't trouble the person you like.

Sebek cleared his throat after an hour of this. "Can we take a break?" He set his hand on Yuu's book.

They nodded. "Of course. What's up?"

"Nothing.. I'm just really distracted." He looked away from Yuu.

"Is there anything I can do to help."

"Well, not leaning over me would be a good start." He couldn't focus on much other than their scent. Whatever fragrance they had sprayed on was flooding Sebek's senses. That and the way they leaned close to him, their hand resting on their chin? It was no surprise that his face was incredibly red.

"Oh I'm sorry. I just get really into what I'm doing and forget all about keeping my distance."

Sebek nodded. "It wasn't that I didn't enjoy it. I just really... really have to pass."

"Oh I didn't even think about being a distraction. You uh, enjoyed what?"

Sebek cleared his throat to change the subject. "What cologne do you use."

"Something from Burberry. Why do you ask?"

"It smells nice. Thanks for letting me know. We can get back to studying."

"But you-" Yuu realized that they should probably focus like Sebek said. He needed the help, and they didn't want to seem desperate. "Great idea."
——
"Okay, so the base formula has y over x and the adaptation based on the amount of fluid is added how?"

"Through the y? Since y follows the slope of the quantity increase?"

"Yes! That's it!!" It had been like three hours and Sebek was finally getting the concepts. He hugged Yuu around the shoulders, cracking their spine and back from how tight the hug was. It didn't feel as unpleasant as it sounded.

Yuu laughed. "I'm proud of you. Let's keep going?"

Sebek had gotten lost in the hug, but he let go as soon as Yuu mentioned continuing. He looked at Yuu, his eyes flicking down to their full face and back to their eyes. "You're a great teacher."

"And you're an amazing person to teach. You're great at applying what I tell you."

Sebek felt light from the compliment. He flushed red. "I got distracted. I'm sorry."

"I said you're an amazing student, and you're really good at applying concepts."

"You're amazing too." Sebek was barely listening. The way Yuu's eyelashes fluttered when they blinked and the way they fell so deeply into conversations. It was perfect. "Perfect even."

"You're flattering me."

"You deserve it." He hugged himself nervously. "And I like you so there isn't anything wrong with a few compliments.. right?"

Yuu was surprised that Sebek would just say that outright. Sebek was just as shocked that he'd finally gotten himself to say it. So he immediately tried to backtrack.

"You um, I- well I meant as a person I look up to.."

"Did you really?" Yuu tilted their head.

"It would be improper for me to date you. You're a dorm leader and I'm here as Malleus's bodyguard."

"I'm hardly a dorm leader, so if dating me is what you're thinking about I'll consider it. Have you thought of where we would go?" They smiled, leaning on both of their hands.

Sebek couldn't believe this was happening. He was supposed to be studying, but here he was, confessing to his crush instead. "I would've taken you to see the horses at the stable. Maybe we could've gone on a ride... but-" He put his head down.

"Well, maybe we can. Pass this test and you'll have free time." Yuu looked at Sebek and tilted his chin up with their fingertips.

He cleared his throat and sat up. "Of course." A new wave of determination crossed Sebek as he opened his book again.