♧︎Baking with Trey♧︎

A/n: Sorry about any typos! Wrote this in uhhhh maybe fifteen minutes!

No way!

It was almost Saint Patrick's day, and of course Yuu thought everyone would know about it, but unfortunately that didn't happen. Nobody recognized the fun holiday and even less, no one cared much when Yuu explained it.

Everyone just brushed it off. Except Trey.

"Clovers? Green? I'd be surprised if I didn't fit in during the festivities." He scratched his head.

"Yeah, you would. Except the holiday focuses on four leaf clovers. They're good luck." Yuu was super excited while they explained.

"Let's bake something for this holiday then. How about a mint chocolate cake?" He dusted off his pants and stood up from the table they were sitting at outside, expecting Yuu to follow him.

"That sounds nice." Yuu smiled. "Thank you." They did follow.

"Anything to give you a taste of home." He looked around and grabbed different things. Yuu got a large bag of sugar and set it on the counter, waiting for instructions.

Trey thought for a moment. "Do you want to mix the dry ingredients?"

"I've never baked before, but sure."

"Alright, you're just gonna look at all the measurements that I give you and you're gonna copy it. As a beginner you should probably do exacts." He smiled, teeth shimmering a bit.

"I won't let you down!" They nodded and followed the instructions slowly. Yuu was doing great until the salt. It said a pinch. How much was a pinch?

In their panic they spilled the salt all over the counter. "Oh no-"

Trey caught the container of salt before it fell on the floor. "It's better that it's on the counter instead of in the mixture." He gave Yuu a cloth to clean up with while he eyeballed how much milk and oil to add. He made it look effortless.

"Okay, you can start to mix your ingredients together whenever you're ready." Trey handed Yuu a whisk.

They started to whisk the dry ingredients together, small clouds of flour flying into the air every once in a while. They were so focused they didn't realize when Trey's hands came to rest over theirs.

He was polite, his body was a safe distance from theirs. "Here, try it like this." He lifted the edge of the bowl so the mixture was mostly on one side, then he slowly helped Yuu use the whisk. "See? No flour bombs."

Yuu's ears were hot. "Yeah.. thank you." They turned to look at Trey. He moved from behind them. "Ahem.. next we'll mix the wet and dry ingredients together. I like to fold them in. Like this." He demonstrated with the dry ingredients and then handed Yuu the spatula.

"Oh gosh-"

"Just make sure you incorporate it well so there aren't any inconsistencies."

On that note a Trey started to pour in the wet mixture. Yuu tried their best to fold in the wet and dry, but eventually just pushed the bowl into Trey's hands. "I can't do it."

He patted Yuu's shoulder. "It's alright." He cradled the bowl in one arm and folded in the ingredients with the other. "You're doing great. Look, it's green."

Yuu smiled. "How'd it do that?"

"Powdered color."

They watched him quietly. He was in his element. "I think we should use a whole bag of chocolate chips for this cake."

"A whole bag?? Won't your teeth hurt from the sugar?"

"They never do. Do yours? You probably have weak enamel." He narrowed his eyes at them.

Yuu moved out of his line of sight, grabbing a bag of chocolate chips and dumping half of them into his bowl. He focused on what they were doing, starting to mix again. "Oh, sorry." He tried to smile, but it came out a bit sheepish.

"I'll line and flour the pans." He got started with that, letting the batter rest. Yuu watched from next to him, paying close attention to the different pan sizes. "Are we making a tiered cake?"

"Of course. It's a holiday." He gave the bowl to Yuu and let them pour the batter. Unfortunately they spilled a bit, but Trey didn't mention it, he just cleaned behind them as they went.

"What next?"

"The oven." He transferred the pans over to the oven and bumped it closed with his hip, dusting his hands off. He knew Yuu was feeling bad about not being the best baker, so he was trying to think of a way to lighten the mood. He thought for so long that the cakes beeped in the oven.

Once they were cooled they started to decorate. Yuu had headed back to their dorm between baking and cooling and worried about their skills the whole time. When Yuu showed up after Trey called them and let them know to come help him decorate, they look discouraged. "Do you think you should do this part by yourself. I don't want to mess it up."

"I don't think you'll mess it up. Don't worry." He dipped two fingers in his test bowl of icing.

"But what if I-" Yuu froze. Green icing was smeared across their lips. "Oops-" Trey shrugged. "I messed up-" He took a double take when flour was blown into his face. "Yuu!"

"You did it first!"

"Still. I don't know if I can forgive you!" He whipped around, flicking a spoonful of icing at them. It landed all over their shirt.

And an all out mess was made. Icing was on their blazers, gold shimmer was in their hair, and unsurprisingly, smiles were on their faces. Yuu was adding final details to the cake now. Once they got out of their head they did much better.

"I think this cake is amazing. And worth having to pay a dry cleaner. He looked down at his clothes. "Sorry about that. At least there's no way either of us are getting pinched. Even if they missed your green hair."

Trey nodded. "You've got jokes. Let's make the others celebrate with this cake. After we change."

"Gotcha." Yuu high fived Trey, heading off in the opposite direction to get changed.
——
Even Cater liked the cake. With a little help from Trey's unique magic.

A/n: I had to do the Saint patty's day one shot with him it's perfect!