❤︎Flattery With Rook❤︎

A/N: Rook is another favorite 🤩

Yuu was trying to calm down. They were fuming after an argument with Grim. It was all stupid stuff neither of them meant, but it still stung.

So they stepped outside of their dorm, letting the cold, January air hit their skin.

Yuu wasn't the type to cry about insults and things like that, so they just took a walk around campus. It was around 1 am, so everyone was in their dorms, or so they thought. They heard quiet foootsteps. Yuu tried to ignore it for a while but eventually they whipped around, only to be met with nothing unusual. No trees moving strangely, no shadows. Just the same campus they always saw. So they continued on their walk, searching for the gargoyles who's locations Malleus had drilled into their head.

When they finally sat down it was in front of the statue of the Beautiful Queen. They felt like they were being watched. "God, I really am a useless human. If anyone wanted to kill me right now I'd have no chance at all... you were the same, weren't you? But you learned to use poisons, and you had a huntsman to help you." Yuu looked up at the statue from their seat on the ground, speaking to it as if the queen was in front of them. "I wish." They shook their head.

"Well, if you didn't take offense to my compliments you might have a dashing and handsome huntsman watching over your every move, mon chou." A deep, excitable voice spoke close to Yuu's ear.

Yuu panicked and raised their fist, punching Rook right across the face.

"Aish!" He stood and took a step back.

Yuu gasped. "Oh my god, Rook!" They scrambled to their feet, taking Rook's face in their hands and pulling him close so they could look at him. "Are you alright? I'm so sorry."

"Ah.. Be gentle, escroc." Rook winced a little. "You pack quite a punch..." He didn't mind having Yuu close to him, grazing their fingertips over his cheek down to his bottom lip.

"Why were you following me?"

"I was making sure you were safe. I promise I wasn't watching you with malice, mon chou." He smiled, checking his folding mirror to see how bad the blow was. He had blood trickling down his lip and his cheek was red. "You'll help me with this, won't you." He pouted.

Yuu wouldn't have denied him even if he didn't look hurt, but he did and they felt bad for harming him. "Yes, of course. Come with me to-"

"I saw you storm out of Ramshackle."

"Of course you did." Yuu sighed.

"You can come with me to my dorm if you're having trouble with your..."

"Grim."

"Your Grim."

"And sure. Do you have any ice packs at your dorm."

"We do. And anything you think you'll need in the first aid department." He took Yuu's hand and began walking.

Yuu watched Rook quietly. He had his hat on his head and black gloves on both hands. He entered Pomfiore with Yuu and brought them to the commons, pulling down a neat container with first aid materials.

Yuu picked it up. "Where's a bathroom? I need running water."

Rook nodded and led them there.

"Sit down for me?"

He sat down on the countertop and slid off his gloves, setting them on the back of the sink. "Should I put my hair up? Would that make things easier for you?"

"Yes actually."

So Rook took a hairtie from his pocket, putting it between his teeth and gathering his hair up into a ponytail with both hands. He took the hairtie and secured it, smiling gently at Yuu. "What's on your mind?"