sebek x reader | don't worry | request

A/n: as a non-binary individual with autism who has so much love for sebek- this one was a fave to write :) (I also skipped part of the bullying scene because of your aversion to angst. Hope that was alright) thank you for the request @TwistedWonderlandWoo

TW: Slur

"Not again. Shit..." Y/n knew it was a bad idea to not go back for their headphones this morning, and now they were facing the consequences. It was always the same two Heartslabyul students. They knew y/n didn't like to be touched by most people, so they did it anyways. They knew y/n wasn't the best at maintaining eye contact, so they targeted that. Everything from bringing their trigger foods around, to being loud and touchy with them, the two bullies did. It was all to get a reaction.

"Hey retard!" And it began.
——
The students weren't even done with y/n, but they were already crouched low to the floor with their hands pressed to their ears, eyes shut, yelling for the two to stop. Eventually it went quiet, and two hands grabbed y/n's wrists, effectively pulling their hands from their ears.

"Please- leave me alone.."

"Don't worry. It's me." He was trying his best to speak softly for y/n's sake.

Y/n looked up teary eyed. "Sebek?"

He nodded. "Are you alright?"

They sniffled. "Not really."

"How can I help."

"Can you please help me get my headphones..."

"Of course I can... where are they?"

"Ramshackle."

"Do you want to come with me?" He stood and offered his hand. Y/n took it, following him until people started to whisper. They let go of his hand, covering their ears again. Sebek glared at the group of boys whispering. They scattered. "Can I pick you up?" Sebek moved one of their hands to speak.

They hesitated before they nodded. Then he lifted them into his arms and carried them all the way to Ramshackle. "Are they in your dorm room?"

"Yes, they should be." They had their head against his shoulder.

He took them to their room and set them on their bed, looking for the headphones. They were on the dresser. So he grabbed them, connected them to his phone and put on bird noises. "I've got them." He sat in front of y/n on the bed and put the headphones on them.

They smiled. "Thank you."

Sebek reached forward and held their face in his hands, rubbing their tears away. "Can you hear me?"

"Mhm... I can hear you well.." They shut their eyes when he started wiping away the tears.

"Are you feeling okay now?"

"Mhm.. but will you stay with me?"

Sebek blushed a little. "Yes. I'll stay." He moved to sit with his back against the headboard next to y/n.

"Thank you." They set their head on his shoulder.

"Of course but... Why didn't you tell me this was going on?"

"I didn't want you to fight."

Sebek thought back to how hard he hit one of those students in the face. "Don't worry about that. I'm fine, see."

They looked up at him as best as they could, sniffling a bit. He held their face in his hands once again, this time kissing their forehead a few times. "I'm really glad I was there..."

"I'm glad you were there too... you're my best friend.."

"Best... Best friend?" His face went red again and he could only look away.

"Hey, why are getting all embarrassed now." They nudged him. "You know we're close. You're like the only person I can bear being touched by."

He looked back over. "I just, don't think it looks great when my face is this red. It's embarrassing."

Y/n smiled. "So your face is red because you're embarrassed, but you're embarrassed because your face is red?"

"Yes, exactly."

This time y/n kissed Sebek's cheek, setting their foreheads together. "You're a dork."

"Only sometimes. I'm glad you're feeling better."

"Thank you."

"No need."

"No really... thank you, for everything."

"Don't worry about that. It's what 'best friends' do, right?" He flashed a smile their way.

"Mhm..." and with him they never worried.

A/n: Hope you enjoy this fic as much as I did writing it! <3