❤︎Tea with Azul❤︎

A/N: the twisted wonderland fandom is so dead lol, also don't forget to vote. As always sorry about any typos that survive editing. smooches

"It's different this time."

"You think so? From what I've heard, the last time you were interested in someone you realized that you actually weren't and you just liked that he would be good for business."

"Okay.. so what if me and Jamil had a thing? I don't feel the same way about him as I do about Yuu. They're accepting, and kind in such an innocent way that it's refreshing."

"Alright lover boy. So, if I get their number I can break my contract?"

"Yes, sure. Just do me a favor and don't tell them it's me." He sighed.

"Fine, I'll get their number for you."

"Great. Pleasure doing business with you."
——
"Yuu?" Ruggie leaned on their desk.

"What do you need Ruggie?"

"Your number. I've got a friend that thinks your sexy."

"Oh my gosh- uh, who is it?"

"Azul. It's Azul." He shrugged.

"And.. he said he thinks I'm hot?"

"Of course, duh. Can I give him your number or...?"

"Yes, yes give him my number." Yuu smiled, writing their phone number on Ruggie's wrist. He didn't have a phone of his own.
——
"Happy?" Ruggie held his wrist out to Azul, letting him copy the number. "Thank you, here's your unique magic back." He took Ruggie's contract and broke it there.

Ruggie did a little dance. "Yes! Finally. Good luck with Yuu." He walked off.
——
That Night

Yuu received a text at 11pm.

'Hey, is this Yuu?'

'Who is this?'

'Azul Ashengrotto.'

'Oh you're Ruggie's friend?'

'I mean, I wouldn't say that, but I guess.'

'Yes this is Yuu. What do you need?'

'Will you come to tea with me?'

'Oh?' Yuu thought he was gonna be a bit more forward.

'Yes, tea. At the lounge? I'll cover your expenses.'

'Oh really? That's new.'

'Oh hush.' Azul smiled. He was in his office with Jade sitting on his desk. "How's it going, boss?"

"I've no idea. They haven't answered me straight."

"Reiterate the question?"

'So, if you're up to it does noon work on Saturday?'

'Can I have coffee?'

'If you really want to then yes. It's not like I can control what you drink.' Azul looked at Jade. "This talk-about-my-emotions thing is more nerve-wracking than investment. I hate it- should I have put lol at the end?"

"There's nothing to worry about. Your texting style is charming, boss."

"Is it really?"

Yuu smiled to themself while they read Azul's text. 'Thanks, I'd love to come.'

"They said yes!" Azul smiled a small smile of relief.

"Seems like your weird way of flirting worked." Floyd smiled, standing in the doorway.

"Oh buzz off." Azul shooed him away. 'Okay, I'll have Jade and Floyd get you when it's time.'

"You can't have us pick them up. It's a date. You have to do it or you'll seem like a jerk." Jade was glancing over Azul's texts.

"But-"

"Boss."

Azul sighed. 'Unless you want me to come get you?'

Yuu hid their face in their blanket. 'I'd like that. I'll see you then. Goodnight Azul.'

'Goodnight.'
——
Saturday

Azul stalled at Yuu's door. "What if they don't think it's a date- No don't think like that. You're not who you were before. Plenty of people want to be with you." He knocked. "Let's just hope it's Yuu..."

Yuu stepped outside. "Hey. I'm glad you could come pick me up. It made me happy."

"Wow, I'm glad I could make you happy." He smiled lightly. "Let's make our way to the mirrors. Can I hold your hand?"

"Of course." Yuu offered their hand to Azul, who took it and laced his fingers with theirs. "Your hands are warm."

"Thank you Azul." Yuu was just hoping their hands weren't sweating.

'Don't get nervous your hands will start to sweat-' Azul repeated to himself in his head. He had the same concern.

When they made it to Octavinelle, Azul led Yuu inside and to a table near the back of the lounge. "You want coffee, right?"

"Yes, please. Loads of cream and sugar."

"That's not good for you."

"Well it's good for my heart. Order it." Yuu smiled.

"Oh. You got it." He spoke to Jade and then turned back to Yuu. "So.. I'm glad you agreed to come."

"Me too, but I just expected you to approach me differently."

"How so?"

"Like.. flirty? Wanting to get in my pants.." They looked down.

Azul blushed. "What makes you think that??"

"Well, after you told Ruggie you think I'm sexy... I figured you'd be less poli-"

"Ruggie said what?!" Azul's face got even redder. Jade sat their drinks down.

"Did you not say what he told me you said?"

"Absolutely not. I wouldn't be so vulgar, unless you preferred it..?"

"Oh no, the way you are is great." They smiled, sipping their coffee.

Azul drank his tea quietly. He was much too nervous to say anything.

"So, what do you think about me. In your own words." Yuu spoke up after a short silence.

"Oh, well..." He looked around, hoping to save himself any embarrassment if his friends heard. "I think you're attractive... and you're everything I'm not. You're happy and kind, thoughtful and sincere... it's such an amazing thing to see in a person.. and I really like that about you. I can read most people like books, but you're so unique.. It's why I have feelings for you. You're refreshing and someone I can learn about."

All Yuu really paid attention to was one sentence. "You have feelings for me?"

"I figured it would be obvious.. since we're on a date."

Yuu sipped their coffee. "You never said this was a date. You said 'free coffee, by the way you're sexy' and I agreed."

"Damn it. Well.. can we consider this a date?" Azul blushed.

"If you want to take me on a date you'll have to try again. I would've came in more than my loungewear if I'd known." They smiled.

"Then um.. I- don't know why this is so hard." He covered his face. "It's easier to text."

"Azul?" Yuu looked at his less-than-composed form.

"Yes, Yuu?" He looked over.

"I'd love to go on a date with you."

Meanwhile Jade and Floyd were spying from nearby. "You owe me a twenty, Floyd. I knew they'd end up together."

The louder twin just grumbled a little and went back to working.

Yuu and Azul were oblivious to it all, getting lost in their own hushed conversation.