Vent

As a person who played Among Us before it became a meme, I think I have the right to make this (rididulously subtle reference. ^v^

How did the meme thing even happen on a space murder game-

It used to be more fun before that-

*reminisces on the days in which the color lime was added and saying "I saw purple vent on cam" was an instant key to winning*

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Please enjoy!

~~~~~

Nightmare's mansion was dark and gloomy at this time of night. A group of nine people were gathered in the dungeon around a round table, with each one staring down his oppenents. One of them was a murderer. Okay, maybe most of them were murderers, but the fact was that they had had a truce last Tuesday, and Swapyrus was dead! The one who had committed such an atrocity - murdering that poor lazy Papyrus in an electronics store - needed to pay. The odds were stacked against a member of Nightmare's gang, but it was well-known that the Star Sanses - Ink, Dream, and a copy of the original Underswap Sans - weren't very fond of the judge. 

"It was obviously Blue!" Killer pointed. 

"Me?!" Blue huffed. "What do you mean?!"

"You were jealous!" Cross accused. "Everyone knows you thought he was an awesomer brother than yours! That's why you left him, isn't it?"

"No! I have-had absolutely nothing against him! He was just the original of my brother!"

"But killing him also took yours." Error pointed out. "And isn't it a bit suspicious that your abusive brother would die as a result of it?"

"He wasn't abusive!" Blue shook his skull rapidly. "He was just a little.."

"Blue, you don't have to try to defend him." Dream assured. "We all saw it, at one point or another."

"I didn't do it!"

"We know, Blue." Ink nodded. "It was one of them, obviously. You wouldn't kill your own brother. Let's take a look at someone who did."

"Excuse me?!" Killer growled. "We were insane! We're not like that anymore!"

"But you still have LV." Dream admitted. 

"That doesn't change a thing." Nightmare stated. "If we went by that, we'd be here all night."

"Has anyone had a rise in LV in the past few days?" Blue wondered. "Let's have a show of hands."

Surprisingly, everyone but Blue raised a hand.

"What the heck?!" Blue threw his arms up in frustration. "What have you people been doing?!"

"I still live in Horrortale." Horror shrugged. "Kinda necessary, there."

"Fine, you get a pass."

"I was volunteering at a pet shelter." Dust said. "I was the only one willing to put the terminally ill ones out of their misery."

"..Was he really?"

"I can vouch for him; I went with him." Cross nodded. 

"What did you do?"

"..." Cross looked down.

"What did you do, Cross?" Blue was stern.

"..I, uh.." Cross fiddled with his fingers.

"Yes?"

"..I got mad at a squirrel for taking my chocolate.." Cross confessed. "It wasn't right, but the little jerk deserved it!"

"...What did you do, Killer?"

"I took a trip to my AU and beat the stuffing outta someone." Killer shrugged, not believing it to be all that important. "I do it to blow off steam, so I don't end up killing people's brothers."

"..Killer, you really need a hobby."

"Better than killing everyone in sight." 

"True." Blue nodded. "Error.."

"You know what I do for a living." Error had no reason to explain himself. 

"Yeah. Nightmare?"

"I had nothing against the Underswap Papyrus." Nightmare wasn't going to reveal his actions.

"We can't accept that answer."

"It's all you'll get."

"Nightmare." Dream glared threateningly, and Nightmare growled a bit in surrender.

"I was..gardening. I may or may not have killed more than one plant..brutally."

No one spoke; there was no need to. A minute later, Blue spoke up once more.

"I'm almost afraid to ask this, but.." Blue took a deep breath. "Dream..what have you done?"

"..." Dream hesitated.

"Oh, come on, Dream; you made me confess." Nightmare was unimpressed.

"Fine.." Dream sighed. "I..sort of..ended the existence of a human..who kicked a dog.."

"You're learning well." Killer grinned widely. "Would you like some personal murder lessons?"

"No!" 

"..Ink, what did you do to gin LV?" Blue asked.

"I don't remember." Ink answered. "What were we talking about, again?"

"Who killed Swapyrus."

"Who's that?"

"The original Underswap Papyrus.."

"Oh! He's super cool; are we going to visit him?"

"..He's dead, Ink."

"Just reset him. What's the problem?"

"His dust is gone." 

"..That's pretty bad."

"Did you kill him, Ink?"

"Nope!"

"I guess we'll have to accept that answer.." Blue buried his face in his hands. "How are we supposed to figure this out?!"

"Maybe the murderer confessed in secret? Has a friend?"

"Ink, no one would tell their friend if they murdered the original Underswap Papyrus." Error scoffed.

"Then we just have to find no one's friend!" 

"That.." Error facepalmed. "Nevermind."

"Can we just find the murderer already?!" Blue had had enough. 

"You seen tense; do you want to talk about it?" Dream offered.

"No!"

"Ooh!" Ink grinned. "Do you need to vent again? I liked last time when you told me that you killed someone!"

All eyelights shifted slowly to Blue.

And he pulled out an M1911.