Befriended

Before we get into this, I need to say something that's been on my mind for about a week. Now, I used to be an MLP fan (little girl stuff, the usual), and I haven't watched it in a while (years, probably), but I decided to watch the ending on youtube, which made me wonder why Pinkie Pie had a child, and that led me to one of the previous episodes, where I saw a pony named Sans Smirk. The only way to make him laugh in the episode was a pun. 

So MLP did an Undertale reference. Yep.

Anyways, let's get into this!

This oneshot was requested by Free_Fart_Avenue on Ao3!

Kind of based on From Murder to Dust, but also not.

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Please enjoy!

~~~~~

Corruption was irritating. It made life a hassle for everyone, and it ruined families, careers, and good endings. It turned peace into war, and it was unstoppable to normal monsters. 

"Come back here!" I groaned, running faster.

It was a good thing I wasn't a normal monster. Corruption had many causes, including, but not limited to (by any means), overcrowding AUs, glitches, fallen children spamming the reset button to see what would happen (they regretted it, obviously), unintended timeline changes, outcodes doing things they weren't supposed to do, and simple coincidence. The causes ranged from a Toriel burning a pie to the barrier destroying itself, and the effects were awful. Corruption was attracted to errors, and when something happened that wasn't supposed to happen, it appeared. Many types were harmless, but a few were fatal if they infected an AU. That was why I, the Corruption Cleaner, existed; I was one of the few with the power to combat corruption, and I was also thankfully immune to it! Being a glitch had perks. My strings could work against corruption, and they were like poison to it. Over time, the corruption had learned to avoid me at all costs, but I usually still defeated it in the end, saving AU after AU. Of course, my job wasn't all good.

"The Destroyer!" Someone yelled as I chased the corruption into a town. "Run!" 

Corruption was sometimes stronger than I was, and if it seeped too far into the base codes of an AU, it was my duty to force the AU to collapse before the corruption could gain enough power to jump AUs and infect the next. One of the Protectors of the multiverse had once seen me when I had been forced to do so, and I had been dubbed "the Destroyer." Honestly, that wasn't all bad! People ran for their lives when they saw me, and it sometimes saved them from being a target of the corruption! If the corruption had a chance, it could easily switch hosts or spread with a simple touch, and if people ran away, it had nowhere to go. Though, as a result, I didn't have many friends. I had one friend, whose AU I had destroyed because of a fatal amount of corruption; he had been the only one that hadn't been infected, and I chose to rescue him. Blue had seen it as a kidnapping at first, but when he learned more, he was thankful. He now worked with the Protectors, keeping the multiverse safe in ways that were more evident. Today, I was chasing down another instance of corruption, and I was lucky; it seemed to be a simple one-soul possesion, and I would probably be done in time for that picnic with Blue!

"Gotcha!" I tackled the corruption, hastily tying him up in my strings. "Goodbye, corruption!"

"W-wait!" The corruption spoke; I wasn't phased, since some types were capable of that. "C-can't we work out a deal?"