Life Could be a Dream

I have had "Sh-Boom" (song by the Chords, but I listen to the Crew-Cuts version, and it's catchy as heck - I'd recommend it for people who like simple mindless lyrics that will follow you for the rest of your life and make you happy because it's a ridiculously happy song ;3) stuck in my head, and it has given me a oneshot idea.

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Please enjoy!

~~~~~

"Brother!" A high-pitched voice called across the field. "I found something amazing!"

"Hm?" A similarly-pitched voice replied from a tree branch.

"You have to come!" 

"Dream, we can't leave Mom alone." The one on the tree branch patted the trunk.

"It'll only be for a moment, Nighty!" Dream promised.

Nighty sighed dramatically, rolling his eyelights. "Okay, but just for a moment."

"Yay!"

Nighty hopped out of the tree, landing perfectly on his feet. Dream proceeded to grab his hand, dragging him off to a nearby lake. As they ran, the green grass of the lush field sped underneath them; the fluffy clouds overhead curled in on themselves, creating a calming effect on the two twin brothers. After a short run, they gazed at a small lake, and the animals that resided there approached them, as if welcoming them to their home. 

"We can see our reflections here, Nighty!" Dream gestured to the clear water, revealing two skeletal twins.

"Oh..that's really cool!" Nighty grinned at the sight. "Do I really look like that?" 

"No, you're usually a lot messier."

"Hey!" Nighty scoffed playfully. "I'll show you messy!"

Nighty picked up a soft lump of mud, and his twin squealed, doing the same. 

"Can't hit me!" Dream taunted, running around the rim of the lake, while trying to throw clumps of mud at his twin.

"I bet I can!" Nighty replied, hurling a ball of wet dirt at Dream, perfectly hitting him in the face.

"Agh!" Dream giggled, wiping the mud off his face. "I'll get you for that!"

"No, you won't!"

Balls of mud flew across the lake, and before long, the sun was setting, and two exhausted, mud-covered twins sat back-to-back, panting heavily.

"I think.." Nighty yawned. "That's enough.."

"Agreed.." Dream nodded tiredly. "We should get back to Mom.."

"That was..more than a moment.."

"But..it was fun.."

"Yeah..let's get home.."

The twins picked eachother up, and they walked back to their mother, who had, happily, not been raided during their excursion. They climbed the branches sluggishly, before lying down in the ones that they slept in.

"Good night, Nighty.." Dream shut his eyesockets.

"Good night, Dream.." Nighty followed suit, and they both fell into a deep sleep.

"Dream!" A voice startled Dream from his slumber.

"Wha-" Dream looked around, seeing..his bedroom..

"Dream, breakfast is ready!" Ink smiled.

"..I'll be down in a while." Dream sighed.

"Sure thing, old buddy, old pal!"

Ink ran down the stairs, and Dream sat up in bed, hugging his pillow.

Of course it would be a dream.

~~~~~

It is still in my head send help-