Eyelights

I felt like writing something completely ridiculous, so I did.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Nightmare's gang stared down the Star Sanses on the battlefield, preparing for battle; whoever struck first didn't matter, but once the fight began, it was not going to end soon. Dream held his bow straight, aiming for his target, and Blue was itching to summon some attacks. In between them, Ink stood. His weapon was held loosly in his hands as he squinted at his opponents, and before the first attack of this battle began, he spoke.

"How many of you are there?" He questioned. 

"..Do you need glasses?" Killer scoffed. 

"No, no, this is serious - how many of you are there?" The artist was genuinely interested.

"For your information, there are five of us, dolt." Cross rolled his eyelights.

"But there should only be three of you!"

"..What makes you say that?" Nightmare wondered.

"Well, every skeleton has two eyelights, and all of you only have six! So there should be three of you!"

"..That doesn't change the fact that there are five of us." Dust deadpanned. 

"But if there are five of you, you should have ten eyelights! You only have six, therefore, there are three of you!"

"So I'm not a person, now?" Killer glared.

"Exactly! And Nightmare is half a person, and Horror, too!"

"..Ink, have you been drinking real paint again?" Dream facepalmed, bow forgotten.

"Um..maybe." Ink shrugged. "There's nothing wrong with spicing up my diet!"

"Well, if you're so worried about our eyelights, how about we just borrow some of yours?" Killer suggested. "You have a million of them!"

"..That's a good idea!" Ink took out a paintbrush and drew two sets of eyelights that resembled the ridiculous sophapes that his frequented. "Okay, here you go!"

"I..I didn't mean that literally.." Killer, for once, had nothing to say.

"Aw, you're just shy!" 

Ink proceeded to chase Nightmare, Killer, and Horror to give them replacement eyelights.

There was no true battle that day.