Pyrrhic

A big thanks to TYRANN0S for advice regarding the fight scene and a few attacks; this would have been lackluster without your help!

Happy birthday, Error :3

Also, wow, listening to fight music while wriitng fight scenes is really inspiring ^v^

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Please enjoy!

~~~~~

Error was winning.

He didn't remember how it started. He didn't know how long it had been. All he knew was that he was making progress - so much, in fact, that the residents of the multiverse were fleeing their universes in fear of being next. Error was finally destroying the multiverse. It felt good. The rush of new LV rushed through his glitched-out bones like lightning, and the screams of the innocent no longer bothered him. He could kill whomever he wished; he had even summoned the strength to murder innocent Papyruses, something he had previously found himself unable to do. He was going to destroy the multiverse, and he was going to do it today. He had destroyed all but fifty AUs, and everyone with a chance of stopping him was dead.

"Error, stop!"

..Except for one. 

Nightmare had been a swift kill; Error had only used him for information, anyway. Dream had died shortly after in battle. Blue..Blue..Error didn't recall what had happened to his one true friend; maybe that had set him off, whatever had happened. The artist, Ink..he was the only one who could match Error's strength, match his skill, match his fury. Ink was alive. Ink was here. Ink was..incensed.

"Stop it!" The artist demanded, flinging his red paint at Error; the glitch teleported to avoid it, continuing to shred the coding of this worthless AU.

Error had come up with a plan. He just needed a lot of time; he had time. As long as he could focus on his work, he would complete his goal. Ink would wear himself out in the chase long before Error could start to weary with the constant flow of LV and EXP. Error would kill that artist..he just needed to wait a little longer. He destroyed the code of this universe before moving on, not allowing the artist to keep him here for a fight. This strategy was copied for every universe, and one by one, they fell. At the end, there were only two universes left: the original Undertale (not a target) and..his favorite AU..his final universe to take out. He would have made this a painless death, if not for the fact that the remaining living judges in the multiverse had holed up there, knowing he wouldn't come for it for a while. That would just make his work so much easier. He entered the universe, taking a brief glance at the stars before looking down at his enemy.

Well..Ink had seen better days (but he never would again). He was panting heavily, having chased the glitch through millions of AUs, one by one. Now he was going to fight him? What a joke. 

"Error..you will not destroy this universe." Ink glared, holding off the battle as long as he could in an attempt to regain a little energy.

"Yes, I will, Ink." Error chuckled. "Yes..I will. Look at yourself, Ink; you're exhausted. You need some..rest."

Error launched his strings, and Ink was forced into a battle he had been dreading for months. This time, there would be no tactical retreats. There would be no friends to help him. There was nothing he could do but fight..and fight to the death, at that. 

Error's strings wrapped around Ink's arm, but he quickly severed them and grabbed ahold of them to try to bring Error closer; Ink was better as a short-range fighter, but Error hated to come in close. Error giggled madly at the attempt, using the ends of the strings to lash Ink back. The artist tumbled onto the ground, but he quickly regained his footing, firing globs of red paint at his opponent. Error simply moved to the side with a grin; this was too easy! Error fired several strings at the ground, forcing Ink to dodge them quickly, but not allowing him the chance to retaliate from such a distance. Ink needed a new plan.