012: gas or fail

TOMORROW WAS achievement test day which has to be Thea's least favorite day of the school year by far. The girl was sitting at the dining table beside Ethan as he was quizzing her questions.

"What is the most common element in the human body?" Ethan read aloud from his flash card.

"Uh. . .hydrogen?"
"Oxygen! And what human organ cleans 50 gallons of blood everyday?"
"Uh. . ."
"Wrong answer!"
"You're stressing me out!"
"Then be unstressed!"

   Thea and Ethan started screaming at each other until Lisa entered the room with her hair wrapped around a towel and sported in her night robe. "What's with the screaming?"

"Ethan's being a bad tutor!"

"I'll let you know, I am rated 5 stars at tutoring on my yelp page!" He showed his profile and reviews from his phone.

"Well, I'm rating you zero stars cause you stink like butt!" Thea shouted and the two started smacking each other until Lisa told Ethan to go upstairs to give Thea some space.

    Lisa sat diagonally across from Thea. "Why are you so stress about studying? You'll get stress wrinkles, honey."

"I have that stupid achievement test tomorrow."

"Then just skip it." Lisa shrugged while staring down at her phone.

"I can't!" Thea exclaimed and smacked her pencil onto her notebook. "If I don't go, I have to spend the entire Christmas break in detention because I didn't take a test for the past 3 months."

"Maybe next time. . ." Lisa trailed off when a notification came from her phone. She pressed a button and she let out a giggle.

Thea was trying to read but her mother kept laughing which made her even more annoyed. "What's so funny?" She asked.

"Oh, it's just Bryce. The guy that your Dad just hired from Brazil."

  The girl smiled. "Oh yeah, that guy that came over a few weeks ago. He's really handsome," She dreamily sighed, remembering his toned body and his amazing accent. "What'd he say?"

"Oh, nothing. I'll just delete this," She giggled and Thea tried to look over her mom's phone but the woman moved it out of her view.

  "Oh yeah. I did came here for a reason," Lisa snapped her fingers. "After school, you have to come to the country club for the picnic basket auction," She informed and Thea let out a groan. "Love that reaction, babe." The mother spoke in pure sarcasm.

"Mom, no. Not again." Every year, there was this stupid annual picnic basket auction and for some reason every year, Thea's parents loved putting their kids' names down without consent. She didn't want to spend 3 hours eating lunch with a guy that talks about which side part look better. "I'm not going. Henry and I are going to the arcade tomorrow."

"You can go to the arcade anyway. You cannot pass up a free expensive meal when all you have to do is eat lunch with some guy. Maybe finally you'll find a guy that is on your level."

Thea ignored her mother's comment and the woman went back upstairs. Silence engulfed the room for a few seconds before the girl spoke up. "I want a sandwich. . .Geoffrey!" Screaming for her butler's name.