022: rubber duck

THEA had a tendency to be late to everything. Schoolshe shows up during lunch and sometimes go home or sometimes stays for the rest of the day by giving into Henry's persuasions. She come late to work on Saturdays because she often gets her Sour Patch Kids on her way to Junk N Stuff. This time, Thea wasn't going to be late because she invited Piper and Charlotte to go to the movies with her that night.

         Well, that until Thea decided to head to the candy store and get some snacks for herself for the movies later that night. She bought Sour Patch Kids and was pouring all the contents inside her mouth while chugging down on a Blue Dog Soda.

            "Don't you think you had enough?" Mr Sugarman, the owner of the candy store asked as the girl was on her fifth soda.

            Thea tapped her hand on the counter. "Another Blue Dog Soda and don't go shy on the blue!" She lightly demanded.

             The man worriedly stared at the girl who had been coming here for the past few weeks. He tried to ask her about her reasoning to come here and spent our evenings, drinking soda and eating  candy that could damage her health but she ignored him and demanded more. Mr Sugarman released a sigh and went to the back to slipping her Blue Dog Soda.

           Tilting her head back to allow all the blue liquid run down her throat, Thea let out a shriek when the door opened and heard her name being called causing for her to drop her drink.

           "Oh, you got to be kidding me." She murmured, sending a glare at the person before getting off her stool to clean the mess up.

            Caden Ricci, her ex boyfriend went over and helped the girl up by grabbing some tissues and carefully putting the broken glass into the bin. Once they were done, he turned to her. "Sorry for scaring you like that." He apologized.

          Thea released a sigh. "No worries," She sat back down on her seat. The two of them wait in silence for Mr Sugarman to return, none of them saying a single word. It had been a year since the last time they've spoken to each other. "So, uh, what are you here for?" She then said.

   Caden stuffed his hand in his pockets. "Um, I'm just here to get some candy for my Grandpa—"

           "Bert, yeah," Thea finished for him, she remembered coming over to his house and meeting his grandfather. He was really nice but Thea could barely understood what he was saying most of the time due to his heavy Italian accent.

             "Yeah. How about you?"

            "Just here for some Soda and Sour Patch Kids." She held up the almost finished candy packet. "So, how was things?" She then asked.

           "Good, and you?"

             "Perfect."

            "You still work at Junk N Stuff?"

            "Yup."

           "Figures."

           "Are you still apart of the Red Rippers?" The brunette girl referred to his skateboard crew/ posse that he often hung out with.

              "Yeah, pretty much," Caden replied. Finally, Mr Sugarman returned back with a Blue Dog Soda (extra blue) and another packet of Sour Patch Kids for Thea. "Hey, Mr Sugarman!"

             The man smiled. "Caden, my best customer. What can I do for you?" He inquired.

             "Can I have strawberry BonBons?" He requested. The man grabbed a packet from the tall shelves and handed it to the skater boy who paid him in return.