002: meeting the toddler

Being the new girl should've suck but for Thea, it might've be one of the best things happen to her. The reason is that Thea had the opportunity to start fresh in a new school where no one knew her, her name or her family status.

Well— except for Henry Hart since he was the only one who really knew the girl. He attends the same school that Thea just transferred too.

Growing up, Thea knew that she was privileged as she had been attending private school since kindergarten and never step foot inside a public school before. So, she was expecting public school to be like — Clueless but really, being the new girl is like she's starring in
Jurassic Park.

Everyone was staring at her like some kind of dinosaur which made her feel a little uncomfortable.

But Thea was kinda excited, she didn't really had friends in her private school. The friend group she was apart of, they were all kinda snobby and all of them were really just friends 'cause their parents all knew each other. So, Thea didn't know many people growing up that actually liked her for herself, not 'cause of her parents and how rich she was.

Thea enrolled into Swellview Junior High just about 3 weeks late. So, everybody knew each other except for her. But don't get the girl wrong, Thea loves socializing and meeting new people but also slightly terrified of what they might think of her.

After getting her schedule and locker number, the girl went to her first class, Thea opened the door for her first class. BANG! The door of Ms Shapen's class slammed shut and everyone turned their attention to the brunette girl.

"Don't slam my door!" A woman with blonde hair tied up into a low bun, who wore glasses and pretty much dressed up like a typical teacher had shouted at the girl. Thea had noticed that the woman had a hunchback.

Nice going, Thea. She thought to herself before she cleared her throat and glanced down at her neatly folded paper schedule, "Uh, is this Ms Shapen's history class?"

"Yeah, and you are?" Ms Shapen questioned.

"I'm Thea and I'm new here. . .and stuff." The girl responded and just mentally face palmed herself. The class erupted with whispers, clearly gossiping about their new classmate.

"Shut up!" Ms Shapen exclaimed and everyone immediately went quiet. She then looked through her notebook for a few seconds, Thea had glanced over to see that Henry Hart was sitting in the desk right in front of her. He sent her a small smile which she returned back.

"Ah yes, Theodora Wilde," Ms Shapen said which made the girl turn her attention back to the woman. "Everyone welcome our new student from Swellview Academy, Theodora."

"Uh, it's Thea." The girl responded, softly as she clutched onto her textbook by her side.

Ms Shapen turned with her, "What?"

"Nobody calls me, Theodora. It's Thea." She explained.

Ms Shapen blinked, "Yeah, and I don't care. Just take your seat beside Henry — Hart, raise your hand!"

Hesitantly, Henry raised his hand up and Thea went to sit down in her new seat beside her coworker.

Just like the movies. Thea thought to herself, now regretting for pulling that foolish prank.

After a long day of school, Thea had walked home from school since her new school was only a 10 minute walk home.

"Hey, I'm home!" She announced as she opened the door to see her mother doing some work on her laptop in the kitchen.