020: overcoming bad wishes

warning: LONG chapter. arson/burnt alive.

THE NEXT DAY, it was Thea's mission to find Jasper and settle this whole misunderstanding about the photoshopping incident. Knowing how forgiving Jasper was, this was gonna be a piece of cake.

        "Hey Jasper!" She called out when she entered the library only to be shushed by the people who were reading. Thea gave them a look and they all quickly went back to reading, fearing her harsh gaze. "Hey Jasper—" She started but the boy got up from his chair and quickly packed his things. "I've been searching for you all over the school."

   "Please leave me alone," He mumbled. "Like what, you're not done with me yet?"

        "No, no, no," She said and then she let out a breath. "I came here to apologize."

          "Well, I don't want to hear your apology," Jasper crossed his arms. "Mean cheerleader!"

        "But Jasper—" She started but the boy brushed past her and ran out of the library. The girl let out a frustrated sigh and decided that maybe she should approach someone else.

         Thea had happened to find Charlotte in the girls' bathrooms, she was trying to explain to her but the girl ignored her.

        "—and let me tell you, I didn't have no idea that Caden was gonna do that—" Thea was cut off when Charlotte put her hands under the dryers which made a loud noise. "So—so, I just want to clarify are we cool?!" She shouted over the loud noise.

          Charlotte lifted her hands away and looked at Thea. "You and I, cool?" She then let out a humorless laugh. "I don't hang with people who mess with my friends." She grabbed her books from the sinks then walked out of the bathroom, leaving Thea all alone.

         "But I didn't mess with. . ." Thea trailed off when the door slammed in her face.

           She had one more friend left. .

         By the end of the day, Thea hurried out of class and noticed Henry was standing at his locker, mindlessly doing his books. The girl sauntered towards him and softly tapped him on the shoulder making him turn around. "Hi, Hen." She smiled and gave him a small wave.

        "Hi." He replied, not making eye contact with her and instead focusing on his books.

        "Mind if we talk?" She asked.

        Henry looked up, raising his eyebrows. "With me?" He asked, pointing at himself and the girl silently nodded. "What—is this some kind of joke?"

       Thea gave him a look. "No, of course not. Listen, Hen. If you just let me explain—"

        The Hart boy cut her off. "First off, don't call me 'Hen', we're not friends." He corrected and closed his locker shut then started walking away.

       "Not friends?" Thea mouthed and trailed after the boy. "We are friends. Like you and I are like best friends. If you just like me explain, I'm not from—"

       "THEA!" The girl let out a groan when she heard that familiar yet annoying voice. Her and Henry spun around to see Caden approaching them with his posse trailing behind him.

       "What's going on here?" Caden asked with skepticism in his tone. "Mandy told me that she saw you talking to Jasper and Charlotte. Now I find you talking to Hart."