011: budget cuts

THE TRIO were all dressed in their suits and was invited to the Vice Mayor's office that afternoon. A the nice blonde receptionist led them inside. "Okay, you guys wait here," She smiled. "The Vice Mayor will be out here shortly."

"Sounds good."
"Thanks."
"Shortly."

"Would you like so bottled water while you wait?"

    Kid Danger shook his head. "Nah, thanks. Water's gross." He declined. Danger Girl sent him a grossed out look.

"Yeah, I'll have some bottled water." Captain Man told the woman while the teens looked around the room.

"Sure, would you like it cold or room temperature?" The woman asked.

"Why don't you surprise me?"

"Okay, I'll be right back."

"Yes, and I'll remain here." Captain Man nodded and the woman left the room.

"Hey, what do you think this is?" Kid Danger asked as he pointed at an golden eagle statue placed on the Vice Mayor's desk.

"Eh, that's just a paperweight."

"Hmm, are you sure?" Danger Girl went to stand beside the boy to check it out herself. Kid Danger lifted the paperweight and all the papers underneath went flying all over the place which made the trio start freaking out.

Then the Vice Mayor came walking in. "Oh, hello there, Captain Man, Danger Girl and Kid—" He noticed all the papers were on the floor.

"Uh, your paperweight. . ."
"Your paperweight failed."
"Yeah. ."

"Anyways, have a seat, fellas and lady. We need to have a little chit chat." They all went to sit down, Kid Danger sat in between Captain Man and Danger Girl.

The Vice Mayor stood infront of them behind his desk. "Now, I called you here because—"

       "Excuse me, Vice Mayor Willard," The receptionist walked back inside the room. "Ah, Captain Man, your bottled water." She handed him the waterbottle.

"Ah, yes, thank you," He opened the bottle and let out a scream when he drank some of it and instantly spit it on Kid Danger's face. Danger Girl let out a loud laugh at the whole interaction. "Cheese and crackers, this water is boiling hot!"

"You said to surprise you with a temperature so I put the bottle in the microwave."

       "This is Cassie, my niece." Vice Mayor introduced.

"They took away my scissors!" She loudly exclaimed  with a creepy smile. Danger Girl unsurely nodded, uncomfortable with the girl.

"That'll be all, Cassie." Then the scary woman walked out of the room.

"So, Vice Mayor, what did you wanna talk to us about?" Captain Man asked.

"Well, in one word: Budget Cuts," He reasoned and Danger Girl sat up straighter in her seat. "You see, the city of Swellview is low on money."

"What, why would Swellview be low on  money?" Kid Danger asked.

"Two words: our new high speed railroad."

   Kid Danger leaned towards Danger Girl. "That was five words." He whispered.

The girl patted him on the check. "I know, baby. I know." She cooed.