004: thea's eighteen debut

ONCE A YEAR, everyone has a special holiday where they celebrate the day they were born which is famously known as a birthday.

Usually, people threw parties where they invite their friends and family where they shower them with gifts or sometimes, some people just like out to chill out on their birthdays and do nothing.

But in Thea's family, it's kinda different. The Wilde family took birthdays really seriously, especially Lisa and Atticus who always throw parties for any special occasion and shower their three children with gifts.

On Ethan's 13th birthday, they built a entire library with every genre of books.

On Zach's 10th birthday, they built a Galaxy Wars amusement park in their backyard and even hired actors from 'Galaxy Wars' to reenact the fight scene for him and his guests.

And for Thea, well the girl has a birth week every year where she gets a present as the days go by but when it's the end of the week, it had to be the biggest present.

Although, her 18th birthday was different than the others. This year, the half Asian girl will celebrate her Debut.

A Debut was a traditional Filipino coming of age celebration of a woman's eighteen birthday. A huge party where all her friends and relatives around the world were invited, herself wearing a custom made ballgown and celebrate the day of her becoming a woman.

Well—she already became a woman at the age of thirteen in homeroom and ironically, it was first period. But to make this special, Thea will become a woman on her eighteen birthday.

"—yeah, it's really a big deal," Thea and the rest of the gang were upstairs in Junk N Stuff. The girl was explaining to them about her upcoming Debut and how important it was to her culture. "All of my relatives are gonna be there some are even traveling from the Philippines."

Ray furrowed his brows as he took a bit from his chicken wing. "So, lemme get this straight. A Debut's not some eighteen birthday, it's more than that?" He said in an unsure tone.

Charlotte nodded. "Yeah. It's the day when our Thea becomes a woman," She cooed.

"It sounds like a Philippines' Bar Mitzvah."
Jasper added, standing behind the counter.

"Right. . ." Thea agreed before snapping her fingers with a light smile. "But lots of pork."

Schwoz who stood next to Ray hummed in satisfaction. "Pork. . ." He repeated those words.

       "And there's also the rose dance where I have to waltz with 18 most important men in my life."

"And I'll be the last one!" Henry happily chimed in. Standing next to Thea near the counter and had his arm around her shoulder. Ray, Jasper, Schwoz and Charlotte all laughed at his words. "W—what, why you're laughing?"

Charlotte calmed herself down. "Henry, since when can you dance?"

"Since forever, I'm a good dancer!" He then turned to Thea for confirmation. "I'm a good dancer, right?" He said in a desperate voice.

Thea placed her finger on his lip and shushed him. "You're good, darling."

"Yeah, kid. If someone who should have the last dance with Thea, it should be me," The couple sent an incredulous look at their boss when he struck a pose with his chicken wing. "I did beat Henry in 'Dance, Dance, Resolution!'"