Sam's Sick Again Part 2

Brenda's POV

When we got home, I made Sam put on more comfortable clothes and wait for me in our room while I went and got him some medicine. I got a cold water bottle and took him all of the medicine. He was in the middle of a coughing fit when I came back. I gave him the bottle of water and he took a few sips, which stopped the coughing for now. He took the medicine as I changed into one of his shirts and sweats, then climbed into bed with him. He lied back down, not exactly on me, but he was curled into my side. He was facing me. I pulled the covers over the both of us. He opened his eyes for a minute and looked at me.

"You know you don't have to stay with me the whole time, right?" He asked sleepily."I seriously doubt you want to sit or lay around all day with me sick as hell." He said, nasally. I ran a hand through his hair.

"Sam, you know I love spending time with you, even if it is just us laying around all day and you being sick. You'd do the same for me."I said. He nodded. He started shivering so I put my hand on his forehead to see if he had a fever. He was burning up, hotter then he's ever felt when he was sick and I was with him. I got back up."I'm going to take your temperature and I'll get you another blanket." I told him quickly, going into the kitchen and getting the thermometer and another blanket. I put the blanket over him and put the thermometer in his mouth. After about a minute or two, I took it out of his mouth and I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the temperature. It was 104.5. "Shit, shit, shit. Sam, baby, you need to get in the shower. A cold shower." I said. He lifted his head up a bit and looked at me.

"Why?"

"You're fever is over 104, it needs to come down fast, or you're going to the hospital." I told him. He nodded and slowly got up, still shivering. I turned the shower on, only cold water, as he took his clothes off. It's a good thing there is this little chair looking thing built into the shower, because I don't think he would have been able to stand. He looked like he wanted to cry when the cold water hit him and he started shivering violently."I'll be back in a minute, okay?" He managed to nod. I went in the living room, where the others were, since they changed their mind about staying and came home.

"Y'all need to be ready in case we need to go to the hospital."

"What, why?" Chord asked.

"His fever is 104.5 and he looks like he's having a damn seizure." I said."I made him take a cold shower, and he's pitiful. You know what, fuck it. Chord, can you come back here and help me?" I asked. He nodded immediately and followed me into our room, where I could hear Sam's teeth chattering. I went in there and turned the cold water off."Will you get a pair of boxers out of the top drawer and hand them to me?" I asked Chord. He nodded and did so as I helped Sam up and started drying him off as much, and as fast as I could. Chord handed me the boxers and I helped Sam into them, then Chord came into the bathroom and helped Sam into the bedroom, where I found the thickest pair of sweats he had, same with a sweater, and put it on him. Before we could get him out of the bedroom door, he passed out.

"Damn it! Quinn!" I yelled. She came running into the room with the rest of them."Call an ambulance."I said hurriedly. She nodded and immediately called 911."God, why does this always have to happen?" I asked no one.

"I'll go outside and wait on them." Puck said and he left. A few minutes later he came back with two paramedics pushing a stretcher.  They carefully put Sam on it and strapped him onto it.

"We'll meet you at the hospital." Mercedes said, and I nodded. I followed the paramedics outside and saw a bunch of reporters out there, taking pictures and videos. Some got in front of me, making me stop, asking me questions about Sam. One even asked if he'd had a drug overdose.

"Are you a fucking idiot!" I screeched."No he's not having a damn overdose! He doesn't do drugs! Now get outta my damn way!" I yelled, pushing through the crowd and getting in the back of the ambulance.