Not Hungry

The next morning, I woke up at at around 8 o'clock, due to Sam shaking my shoulder.

"What?" I moaned.

"Shouldn't I be the one moaning?" He asked sarcastically. I looked at him. He smiled slightly."I didn't want to wake you up, but I kinda need your help." I sat up on the side of his bed.

"With what?" He rubbed his eyes and said,

"The nurse said to have someone go to the bathroom with me so I don't 'fall' or something, which is totally unnecessary, and I'm sure as hell not asking one of them to help me." He said.

"So you have to pee?"

"Well, duh." I giggled.

"I'm sorry. I'm just messing with you. Come on." He threw the covers off him and I helped him stand up and he blinked.

"I totally just lied. I probably do need help."He said, shaking his head. He stumbled a bit and I put an arm around him.

"You alright?" I asked.

"Just got light headed. Damn, I hate when that happens." He mumbled, sounding like he wasn't feeling good again. I helped him to the bathroom and he did his business and washed his hands, then I helped him back into bed."I'm seriously happy they let me wear actual clothes." He said, sitting Indian style on the bed. I sat across from him.

"Me two. That gown they make people wear make you look even sicker most of the time." I looked at Chord and Mercedes, who were still asleep, Mercedes safely tucked under his arm."You know you're mom and sisters are coming to see you right?" I asked, playing with his fingers.

"Seriously? Stacy has school though."He said.

"I know. I asked her the same thing, but she said that she was home schooling them now or something. Didn't say why though."

"I hope Stevie didn't get expelled for punching that kid again." He said. I laughed. I got a text from Mary telling me that I need to meet them outside because the nurses weren't letting them in. I groaned.

"I have to go meet them out side because the damn nurses won't let them in."I said. He nodded and pulled the covers up to his chin, getting comfortable like he was about to take a nap. He probably was. I kissed his forehead and left. I walked through the halls towards the elevators quickly and went to the front entrance, where Mary, Sandy, and Stacy were talking to a few nurses. Sandy squealed when she saw me and Mary put her down. She ran to me and I picked her up, kissing her all over the place as she giggled. She put her head on my shoulder.

"Ms. Jackson, do you know them?" A nurse asked.

"Well, obviously." I smiled at her sweetly." It's Sam's mom and sisters." I told her. She nodded and let Mary and Stacy come to me. I hugged them both and led them back to the elevators. 

"Did the reporters give y'all a hard time?" I asked.

"The just asked us a bunch of questions, but we ignored them." Mary answered. I nodded."How is he?"

"I had to help him to the bathroom a few minutes before you texted me, and he got dizzy. I think he fell asleep while I came down here to get y'all, but I'm not sure. Chord and Mercedes were asleep on the couch when I left. I'm pretty sure Sam was hoping that you would come, he misses y'all. Especially his mama." I nudged her and she laughed. We got off the elevator and I led them to the room. I could hear Sam whining about not wanting food when I opened the door.

"You don't want food? That's surprising." I said. He pouted and glared at the nurse. The nurse looked like she was about to cry. I took the plate of food from her and set it on a table beside him. I walked out in the hallway with her while Mary, Stacy, and Sandy got their hugs and kisses on in the room.

"Don't worry about Sam. He's always like this when he's sick." I told her.

"I just want him to eat, that's all." I chuckled. 

"I know. He wasn't being mean, was he?"

"No, I don't think it's possible for him to be mean." She responded.

"You're absolutely right. I'll get him to eat, I promise. Despite being twenty, he acts like he's five when he's sick. And I think he missed his mom too, so, that's why he was pouting like that." She laughed."You probably have other people to worry about, so I'll get him to eat." She nodded and walked off. I started laughing as I shut the door.

"Sam, you had the poor nurse looking like she was about to cry!" He pouted again. Chord and Mercedes were still lying down, Mercedes in his arms, but they were awakes and trying not to laugh at Sam. Stacy was practically laying on top of them. Sandy was sitting on Sam's legs, messing around with his phone. 

"Well, I don't want to eat."He whined. I sat on the bed and leaned forward so that I was close to him.

"Why don't you want to eat?" I asked. He sat up where his forehead was on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"Because it feels like I'm gonna puke." He mumbled.

"Well you remember what happened last time, and you ended up dry heaving with nothing coming up and it hurt worse than stuff actually coming up."I told him.

"I know, but I'm not hungry either."

"At least drink something. You have't drank anything in I don't know how long."I said. He shook his head."Sammy! Please, for me? And if you eat just a little bit, me and you will do whatever you want to do when you get out of here and start feeling better." He looked up at me.

"If I puke everywhere, I'm blaming you."I sighed and shook my head at him. I picked up a little piece of a sandwich and a water bottle and took it to him. I put the piece in his mouth and chewed on it for a few seconds, and washed it down with the water.

"See?" He glared at me."Uh oh, he's mad now." I said, looking at the others. He huffed and slid down a little bit, so that he was lying down now, and covered his face with his arm."You got all that on video, didn't you Chord?"

"He's still recording." Stacy said. I rolled my eyes as Chord tried to hide his laughter. I lied beside him and put my head on his chest, wrapping my arms around his back and stomach. I nuzzled his neck, trying to get him to smile or laugh. I heard him make a little sound, and I knew he was trying not to laugh. I poked his side and he squirmed. I saw him smile.

"There's that smile." I grinned up at him cutely.

"Isn't that my line?"He asked sarcastically.

"Well, yeah, but I stole it." He shook his head at me this time and sighed. Sandy crawled up closer to Sam and laid his phone on my thigh, then cuddled into his side. He looked at her and smiled slightly. Eventually, Sam's head ended up on my shoulder so I wrapped my arms around his waist, and rested my cheek on the top of his head. We both ended up falling asleep.