Mama Evans

When Chord, Mercedes, Puck and Chord came back to the room, Matthew wasn't with them. Chord already looked like he had been crying. He hugged Sam and they were both apologizing to each other. Sam, for what he said, Chord, for blowing up like he did and leaving. Chord ended up falling asleep in the recliner beside Sam's bed, They were both asleep. Quinn and Puck left after they fell asleep, and Mercedes and I sat on the couch talking.

"Was he crying when y'all left the first time?" I asked.

"Not exactly."

"What do you mean?" I asked again.

"Well, you'll  probably see it on the news. I think he was all set to tell the reporters off, and ended up talking about you and Sam. That's why he ended up crying." I was still confused, but a few minutes later, the news was on and the news that Sam was in the hospital came on first.

"Breaking News: Singer Sam Evans was rushed to the hospital earlier today. Reporters were outside of his and girlfriend Brenda Jackson's, as well as friends, apartment, and they were asking Brenda what was wrong. One asked if he was having a drug overdose. Here's the video." They showed the video, then said,"A few hours later, Chord Overstreet, Mercedes Jones, Quinn Puckerman, and Noah 'Puck' Puckerman came outside the hospital, Brenda no where to be found. She was still in the hospital with Sam. We asked Chord about his brother, and he choked up talking about him. Here's the clip."

VIDEO

"Mr. Overstreet, how is your brother? Is he okay?" A reporter asked. Chord stopped and looked at him.

"Oh yeah, he's okay." He said sarcastically." He's in the freaking hospital, he's not okay."

"Why is he in the hospital."

"Last night and today he was acting like he was fine, and didn't tell anyone that he felt like he was getting sick or anything. When we got home, him and Brenda like, laid down on their bed or something and he suddenly got a high fever, like really high. I helped her with him, and he just passed out. Then Quinn called 911 and when they got there, reporters were getting in Brenda's way, stopping her for being with him. He asked her if he was having a drug overdose. And it was totally uncalled for, and I don't blame her at all for what she said. If he had asked me that, he would have got a broken nose. He may act like an idiot sometimes, but that's just to make people laugh. Sam is a good guy, and I'm not just saying that because he's my brother. Despite going through a lot in his life, nearly dying on more than one occasion, he's always trying to help others and do for them. The reason I'm actually out here, is because he told us that he didn't know why we dealt with him, why we do what we do for him. I get that he doesn't want people to worry about him, but that's not gonna happen. Everyone will worry about the other, no matter what the deal is. And all that mess going on on Twitter needs to stop, those of you who are saying all this crap about Brenda not loving Sam? You're wrong as all get out. She's like a sister-No, scratch that, she IS my sister. I don't care who it is, I don't like when they insult her. Back to the fact that people say she doesn't love him, she stuck by him when he got in that accident, she never left that hospital room once, unless it was to shower or use the bathroom. If she didn't love him, she wouldn't have called me to ask me if I was going to see him. They've practically been together for four years, only getting in maybe two big fights, and one of those was because of a cheerleader making Sam kiss her in front of Brenda. I don't know what happened exactly, but Sam didn't want to hurt her by pushing her off. She takes care of him when he's sick, she'll just randomly hug him, kiss him, or tell him 'I love you' for no reason. She does a lot for him, before anyone even knew about me, our parents lost their house while our mom was pregnant with Sandy, and she begged her mom to let them live with them. They hadn't even been dating for four months yet. That just goes to show how much she loves him" Chord finished, his voice cracking, and walking off.

END OF VIDEO

"That was sweet of him to say, but hopefully Sam will be okay and get better soon!"

 I turned the TV off and looked at Mercedes, not knowing what to say. And I told her that.

"I don't know what to say. I'd be hugging him to death if he was awake." She laughed. Suddenly, my phone rang loudly, causing both boys to jump and wake up.

"Go back to sleep, boys." I said quickly, answering the phone. They didn't have to be told twice.

"Hello?"

"When were you going to call and tell me that he was in the hospital?" Mary's worried voice asked.

"Crap! I'm so sorry! I just got caught up in worrying about him and I forgot. I'm sorry." I repeated.

"It's okay, stop apologizing."She chuckled."How is Chord? I just saw the video on the news."

"He's okay. He came back and apologized to Sam for blowing up like he did, and they both ended up apologizing to each other. Now they're both asleep. Chord's in the recliner beside him."

"Oh, okay. You know that me, Stacy, and Sandy are packing to come up there right? Well, I'm packing for Sandy, but, you know what I mean."

"You don't have to, Mary. And shouldn't Stacy and Stevie be in school?"

"Well, I'm homeschooling them now. I'll explain wy later. And of course we're coming up there. You and Mercedes are practically my daughters, and they're my sons, so yeah. We're coming up there."

"Oh, okay. When will you be here?"

"Sometime tomorrow morning."She asnwered." We'll, I have to go. Tell them I love them, and Mercedes that too. I love you too." She had never told me that she loved me and I smiled widely.

"I will. Be careful. I love you too."