𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔵𝔦𝔦

CHAPTER XII | THE PRICE YOU PAY

"WELCOME MISS AVERY," Umbridge greeted in her usual sugary sweet voice. She didn't bother rising from her chair as Eris entered the room. She did however take notice in Eris' stature. She walked like the owned her office. She oozed confidence that only a pure blood would have. Dolores narrowed her eyes at her.

"Professor," Eris greeted cooly as she stood by the door. While she waited for her punishment she took a few moments to glance around her office. She tried her best to conceal a grimace from forming on her face as the dozens of cat plates meowed at her.

Dolores pointed to one of the empty pink cushioned chairs in front of her. "Sit. You're going to be writing some lines for me today," she told her.

Eris nodded. "I didn't bring a quill," she told her. She didn't bring anything with her actually.

Dolores giggled. "Not needed, I use a special quill." She told her as she opened a door and pulled out a quill, but no ink pot.

Eris frowned, "no ink?" She questioned.

"It's a special quill," she repeated with a sinister smirk. She placed the quill and a piece of parchment infront of the Avery heir. "Now, I want you to write fifty times, 'I will not dishonor my house and school'"

Eris blinked. She nodded and picked up the quill. Fifty times? Could've been worse she thought. She began writing the first sentence. A few moments after completing the first sentence her hand began burn furiously. She hissed softly and turned her hand over to look at it. Her face became stone hard as she watched the sentence she just wrote begin burning itself onto hand. "Something wrong?" Dolores cackled.

Eris felt her jaw tense. She squeezed her hand into a fist and tucked it away onto her lap. "No professor, every thing is fine." She could handle a little pain. Hell, she probably deserved it. Only forty nine more lines to go.

Detention ended rather quickly, much to Dolores delight. Eris simply pushed down her feelings and wrote as quickly as she possibly could. "She's absolutely mad- I swear if this scars my hand I'll have her bloody head," Eris hissed, inspecting her branded hand.

Aurora still couldn't believe it. "This has to go against the rules! No way Dumbledore is allowing this!" She told Eris while reaching out and looking at her hand.

Eris scoffed. "Well she's doing it, and if he didn't approve it then he's just as daft as I thought he is. Nothing should be happening in his school that he doesn't know about," she hissed again.

Pansy laughed, "he just hides in his office all day. I'm sure there's plenty he doesn't know," Pansy told them.

As the girls passed through an open corridor they finally noticed the weather. "Bloody hell it's raining so bad!" Aurora gasped jumping slightly when the thunder boomed.