𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔳

𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔳 | 𝔤𝔞𝔷𝔢 𝔲𝔭𝔬𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔯𝔰

  DURING DINNER Eris watched as the small blonde Slytherin walked meekly to her seat. She arrived late to dinner and she looked absolutely destroyed. Eris could see the cold dead gaze on her face from a mile away, and she hated to admit but her heart strings pulled just a little bit. How could they not? Eris was a girl after all and it's one of the most god awful things that could happen. Her eyes followed the girl and watched as she tucked in on herself, crossing her arms in-front of her chest, wearing all long sleeves as if to conceal her body and her hair framed her face so you could barely see it.

  "I'll be back right back," Eris mumbled in a daze to Aurora as she took off in a slight jog to catch the small girl after dinner. It was hard seeing her over the crowd but she stuck out like a sore thumb to Eris because of how fragile and out of it she looked.

"Hey!" Eris called after her, watching the girl jump - clearly not expecting anyone to approach her.

"Yes?" The girl asked monotonously.

"Do you not have any friends?" Eris asked her, eyebrows furrowed and head tilted in confusion. She truly didn't mean for it to come across harsh, Eris just couldn't wrap her head around the fact the girl didn't have friends, anyone other than Eris to check on her.

The girl let out a dark sad chuckle and just simply said, "no."

Eris smirked slightly, she liked this girl. "What a pity. Ya know, I saw what happened to you last night," Eris told her flat out.

The blondes eyes finally shifted from the floor the Eris' eyes. Her eyes revealing everything she was feeling, which was hurt. "You didn't think to help?" She asked flatly.

Eris contemplated many excuses she could've used to cover for why she didn't help, but she soon realized none would do the girl justice. "No."

"It's okay I wouldn't have either," she replied darkly. Eris furrowed her eyebrows. "God she's more twisted than I am," she thought to herself.

"Well.. are you okay?" Eris asked, internally cringing at how fake her voice sounded. She didn't know how to be empathetic, or atleast sound empathetic.

"No."

"Figured as much," Eris told her with a shrug as she moved out of the way for some students passing by.

The girl nodded blandly and walked away, leaving Eris embarrassed at herself. She couldn't believe she had gone up to the girl.

Eris was a night owl. She loved the warmth the darkness brought her, completely encasing her in its pitch dark grasp. She could hide away, sneak through the shadows. Terrible things happened at night, another reason she was so fond of it. So, while her bunk mates were sleeping Eris rose from her bed and put back on her robes for her midnight astronomy lesson. Only a handful of students had midnight astronomy. Most of which were prefects seeing as they had to do nightly patrols anyhow. Her first lesson isn't until noon tomorrow, so she shouldn't be too tired.

As Eris was walking down the stairs, she spots Malfoy sleepily rubbing his eyes. She frowned upon realizing they would also be sharing midnight astronomy aswell as nightly patrols. At first she wanted to get with the boy, but now she sees the bigger picture. She can't ever love. She's riddled with toxicity and Draco certainly didn't deserve her toxicity along with his own. Draco caught her eye as they intercepted one another at the bottom of the stairs, he simply sneered at her and walked at a faster pace so he didn't have to be near her. Eris assumed it was because of the last time they interacted.

"Good night, class!" Aurora Sinistra greeted her class, her hands adorning a warm coffee mug with a constellation on it. The constellation which Eris recognized as Leo.

"Good night professor Sinistra," The tired group of kids monotonously repeated back.

Eris stood towards the back of the class, leaned against a cobblestone arch way, far away from Malfoy and everybody else as she could get. "Since this is the first lesson," she squealed out enthusiastically.

"We will just be star gazing today and you will work with a partner and chart down the constellations you see with their proper names and turn it in at the end of the period," she instructed, allowing the kids to choose their own partners.

Eris could have died right there. She knew two people in the whole entire class. Her eyes watched frantically as her enthusiastic peers happily paired up with their friends and animatedly talked while walking to a telescope.

"You've got to be shitting me," Eris muttered to herself as she watched the smug silver haired boy strut over to her.

She liked watching him walk. He held a certain gait that demanded confidence and respect. Draco was the kind of man that took up the room when he walked in. His smile and charm drew attention. Then he opened his mouth and the charm simmered away.

His was insanely egotistical and arrogant. He always boasted about how he was better than most every body in the room. Rubbed people the wrong way typically.

"Come on sour puss, I don't have all day," He called out to her as he tipped his head towards the only available telescope.

Eris reluctantly walked over to Malfoy, sending several curses to Merlin for her luck. "I am not a sour puss." She told him matter of factly, while gripping the telescope harshly and bringing it to her face.

Draco lips quirked up into a fleeting smile. Just the ghost of one. It appeared so quick she almost missed it. "Tell that to your face."

She breathed deeply. The boy managed to step on each and every one of her nerves.

She tried to focus on the constellation's. The hair on her arms spiked as Draco leaned in closer to her. Her eyebrow twitched as she continued watching.

His smell was intoxicating. It almost over powered every other sense. Green Apples, Parchment and Mahogany. It was almost mouth watering. She could smell trace scents of his mint toothpaste.

She finally glanced at him. Her eyes went to the corners of his mouth. They turned upwards as he noticed her gaze.

She quickly licked her thumb and moved towards his face. Draco's ghost of a smirk dropped as he reeled back from her movement. "What are you doing?" He snarled as he looked disgusted at her finger.

She glanced at her thumb. "You have toothpaste.. right there," she gestured towards the corner of her own mouth.

Draco quickly licked his thumb and rubbed the corner of his mouth. Effectively ridding himself of the residue. "I don't need your help."

Eris huffed triumphantly and turned back to her telescope.

The two spent the entire period working in silence except for the occasional call of the name of a constellation, and stealing glances at one another when the other wasn't looking. Eris hated every moment of it.

AUTHORS NOTE: *IMPORTANT*
Hi babies! <3 I'm sorry for the lack of updates and the very small chapter that this is. BUT I would like to hear from you! What do you want to see more of? What do you like seeing in fan fics? Is there anything cliche, or something that I'm doing that you don't like? JUST ANY AND EVERYTHING!! I want your thoughts <3 mostly want you want to see, have a certain scene you could see Eris doing? A scene between her and Malfoy? Her and another character? Anything you like to see more of?