𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖎. 𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖎𝖎

Eris walked with her head held high as she walked through the Manor in the sea of Death Eaters

  Eris walked with her head held high as she walked through the Manor in the sea of Death Eaters. Many had scars littering their faces, or dirty disheveled hair. The Death Eaters certainly lived up to their reputation of being nasty. She watched curiously as many whispered amongst each other in hushed voices. Her eyes furrowed as she watched their long dirty nails moved about the air as they talked.

She blended in almost too well with her dark clothing. Her small body being concealed by the much taller men on either side of her. Occasionally someone would bump into her causing her to jump away as if she had been burned. She could feel her pulse begin to quicken as they neared the room.

It was a big day. A celebration of sorts. Many Death Eaters had been called to see the two teenagers take their marks. It was almost unheard of for wizards underage to be allowed to join the Death Eaters, and Voldemort would also be holding a meeting after they took their marks. 

The Manor was dark. Each curtain pulled tightly back not allowing an ounce of sunlight to beam into the room. Eris hadn't seen Draco since that night in her bedroom, and she still couldn't see his silver hair in the crowd of Eaters. Amongst the crowd she saw many familiar faces. She caught sight of her friend, Theodore Nott's father.

Upon entering the room Eris could immediately feel the dark power radiating off Voldermort as he sat proudly at the head of the long table. He watched his followers with a large sadistic smile. Everyone avoided eye contact, shying away as his eyes snaked over everyone.

His snake Nagini hissed and raised her body towards her master. Without looking he rubbed her on the head. The tip of his nails scraping against her scales.

Eris tried her best to keep her eyes anywhere else. Instead she focused on trying to figure out where she was meant to sit. Then she finally spotted Draco standing proudly next to Voldermort, slightly behind him. She assumed that is where she was meant to stand as well.

While everyone took their seats Eris spotted a familiar head of curls at the end of the table. She watched as his placed a hand on his stomach to hold his suit from flying as he sat.

She then watched his face. She watched his eyes meet hers. She watched the satisfied smirk fall on his face as he realized he had bested her.

It was Theo Crouch. He was a death Eater just like his older brother had been.

Her heart began pounding harder in her chest. How had she not seen behind his lies? How had he managed to outwit her? Was he using her as she, him?

"As you all know we are brought together today for something most joyous," Voldermort hissed and extended his arm signaling for the pair to step forward.

"Draco Malfoy and Eris Avery have come of age, and it is time for them to take their mark," he spoke.

Standing this close to the Dark Lord you could see every snake like feature he had. He was unnatural looking. The epitome of death and destruction. His skin was so translucent you could see the pulsating veins underneath. She could see the slits he had for a nose flex with each breath he took.