𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔳𝔦

𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔳𝔦 | 𝔘𝔫𝔴𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔩𝔬𝔶𝔞𝔩𝔱𝔶

ERIS CASSIOPEIA AVERY HAD A PRESSING ISSUE. She needed to speak to her parents about what Malfoy had told her, but she couldn't trust owling such dastardly words, in case it were to be intercepted. The Dark Lord had been suspecting, very low-key, that the Averys were not as loyal as they claimed due to their skilled occulemency. The claim, untrue. The Averys as powerful and bold as they are, were frightened by their Lord and would never step a toe out of line. Eris was worried that if The Dark Lord continued to have these thoughts he would finally do something about them, and Eris couldn't have that.

"Please let this work," She whispered in the dead of night, holding the port key in her hand. She placed the dazzling emerald jewel on the floor as quietly as she could.

Eris took a deep breath and grabbed her wand out of its place in her long black cloak. She whispered the Portus charm, while maneuvering her wand in the specified motion. Once she had completed her spell she released a breath she had been holding. "Let's hope this takes me to the right spot," She mumbled as she hid her wand once again.

She inhaled deeply as she bent down to the jewel and placed her hand on it. Almost instantly she felt a deep stabbing sensation behind her belly button, the feeling moving backwards towards her organs as she was pulled into the portal. It felt like her body was being pulled through time by her belly button, the feeling almost making her want to puke. She scanned her brain, feeling like she was forgetting a key element to traveling by port key.

"Landing!!" She shouted out, her voice echoing through the tunnel, but it was too late the portal opened up and spit her out towards the ground.

She landed harshly infront of her manor, knees banging into eachother as she toppled on the sidewalk. After a few seconds she sat up and blew a piece of stray hair out of her face. "Not bad for my first time," She told herself proudly as her body protested while she stood up. She was just glad she managed to make it where she was trying to go.

"Mother?" She called out in the eerily quiet manor. Her parents were very dull people, the decorations in the house showed it. They were the generic rich family decorations, she was sure her mother didn't even decorate herself but instead ordered somebody else to do it. As Eris made her way through the manor she sneered at the picture she always sneered at. "Look at me I'm so fancy and proper," She mocked. It was a portrait of her mother and father. Arcadius stood proudly, his hand on her mother's shoulder. Rings clad almost every finger. Her mother sat in an elegant chair, legs crossed neatly and arms folded properly in her lap. Not a smile seen. Eris was almost certain she had been born but they just didn't feel the need to include her.

"Why are you not at Hogwarts," Her father's almost snake like voice hissed out from beside her while roughly grabbing her shoulder and spinning her around to face him.

Eris, out of instinct, flinched and closed her eyes. "I'm not going to hit you, yet, you nuisance." He said with a confused look on his face. "Just tell me why you have left," he commanded to her.

As Eris began to open her mouth to explain, her mother came around the corner in her night gown, her face clad with a smile, but it was something other than happiness. "Oh my pride and joy, what in Merlin's beard are you doing here," She gasped as she ran up to Eris, hugging her while grabbing the back of her head and nuzzling it into her.

Eris awkwardly stood there, arms dangling by her side.

Once her mother released her, she began to explain why she was there instead of at Hogwarts. "Malfoy told me something. He told me that we need to be cautious because our master is having.... doubts again," She frowned.

She watched as her Fathers face contorted into even more anger. "Doubts? Doubts of what?" He spat out, her mother flinched and grabbed Eris' hand.

Eris folded in on herself. "Doubts of.. your- our loyalty to him. It's why you weren't asked to attend the most recent raid," She told him. Granted, the last bit was a stretch but it was what she assumed happened.

Her father grew to be more angry. She watched as his eyes looked at with nothing but cold, as if she were some stranger on the street who had just stepped on the back of his shoe. "MY LOYALTY?" He screamed loudly. Eris directed her eyes to the house elves who were cleaning near by who jumped in fright and scurried away.

"Arcadius-" her mother began but was cut off by Arcadius screaming again.

"You know nothing! Nothing! I had a greater task than you could ever imagine!" He hissed out while stepping closer to the girl.

Eris' left eye twitched as he got closer to her. Practically touching noses. He leaned down a bit, so he was looming over her like some kind of untouchable dark force. She unconsciously dug her nails into the palm of her hand, making small moon shaped cuts. Her father had fallen far down a rabbit hole of madness.

Arcadius looked mad. His long black hair which had streaks of grey hair he tied back had fly aways everywhere. He had huge black circles under his eyes. His cheek bones were hollowed out making them even more prominent. He was delusional. Every Death Eater could see the Avery's falling apart, except for Arcadius Avery. The problem wasn't their loyalty, it was proving their loyalty.

"I'm not accusing you of anything, Father," She told him sternly, not backing down like she had in the past. "I'm just saying we need to prove our loyalty to him, or something will happen."

Arcadius gave his daughter one last hateful look over. "You know nothing. The Malfoy's are just filling your head with lies, and you're letting them!" He screamed in her face. He was disappointed. He couldn't believe his daughter believed what anybody else said, except for her family and the Dark Lord.

Arcadius held his values above anything else. Family and devotion. He used to be a caring man when he and Delphinus had first gotten married. They got married the summer following their graduation from Hogwarts. Almost immediately everything began going downhill.

  Arcadius began spending more and more time at work instead of at home. The stress from his job and dealing with her mother he began to drink. Then eventually he started losing his mind. Not enough to not decipher reality from truth or The Dark Lord would have no use for him, but just enough to where he was unhinged, erratic and paranoid.

Delphinus' mother in her prime was a fire fox. She was a lot like Eris. She was outspoken, charming and charismatic. Once she married Eris' father her sense of identity began to simmer away.

She used to be her own person. When she walked in a room she was greeted by her name, and treated as an individual person. Once she was married, she became Mrs.Avery and nothing else. People quit approaching her, and inviting her places. Her once free spirit was now squished down by the boot of Arcadius. Her sparkle had dimmed.

"I have to go back to Hogwarts," She told him stiffly while releasing her mother's hand.

"Yes you do. Don't come back for Christmas. Take that time to.." He tilted his head with a malicious smirk of his face, "self reflect," he sneered.

Her mother began to protest but was once again silenced with one nasty glare from her father. She watched her mother shrink back into her shell.

Eris thought it was pathetic. Her mother was weak, and let a man tell her what to do and how to act. From a young age Eris vowed to never end up like her mother. Eris wanted to be worshipped and praised. Not stuffed into a box only taken out when I was time to show off.

"Fine." Eris told him matter of factly and walked back outside to the Emerald port key, never wanting to return to that manor again.