𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔵𝔦𝔦𝔦

𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔵𝔦𝔦𝔦 | 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔫𝔡 𝔦𝔱'𝔰 𝔧𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔶𝔬𝔲

   GUILT WAS A FUNNY THING. It crept up on you when you least expected it. Eris had never felt guilty once in her entire life, but recently that's all she's been feeling. It made her sick to her stomach. She regretted so much, and one of them was burning Amos Blackwater. He deserved it absolutely, but she shouldn't have been so foolish and hot headed. Eris also couldn't believe she had actually almost killed a boy.

She swallowed thickly as she watched the professors whisper amongst themselves looking rather frantic. She knew they had found the body. They had to of. She rolled over as thunder clapped against the sky.

She was worried. She didn't want them to know. She hated that Draco even knew. That he had to witness that and be apart of it. She wasn't perfect anymore and she hated that he knew that. She despised that he was slowly creeping in and figuring out what lurked beneath.

She wanted so desperately to take it all back, but she couldn't and now she once again had to live with the consequences. "You don't really think a student could've done this, do you?" Minerva asked in horror, her voice a soft whisper.

"I can only assume, Minerva. I don't have hard proof yet so best not to go around accusing," Dumbledore strictly told her. Dumbledore had a suspicion on who was to blame, but he also knew she played a piece in a much bigger game. He needed her right where she was at.

Eris swallowed another thick slob of spit. Her heart beginning to race as she remembered everything that only happened hours ago. She tightened her lips together as she felt disgusting in her own body. She wanted to scrub her skin until it fell off.

"I understand, but a student? A student did this?" She whispered in horror. She was sure she would never felt the smell of the boys burned body.

"These are dark times, very dark times indeed," Dumbledore told her solemnly. Eris closed her eyes as they started feeling with tears. Another cloud of thunder rolled across the sky as she did.

  The following morning was serene. Like nothing horrendous had happened the night before. The sun shone beautifully and the birds chirped. It was almost picture perfect. Would've been a wonderful morning, except Eris hadn't gotten an ounce of sleep.

Once the students had all woken and gone back to their common rooms the Great Hall was transformed back to its glory to prepare for the morning's feast. "Avery can I talk to you?" Draco called out as he reached his hand out to touch her elbow.

He tried not to let it show on his face how much it hurt that she flinched away. "Not right now," Eris told him. She continued walking in a daze.

"When," he bit out. Elongating his steps to catch up to her. She just simply shrugged. She had an idea of what the conversation would be about and she didn't feel like having it. She just wanted to bathe.