𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔦

𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔦  | 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔯𝔨𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔢

𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔦 | 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔯𝔨𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔢

"AW ARE YOU GOING TO CRY?" Eris laughed in the face of a teary eyed first year. It was the first day of a new term, the beginning of Eris' fifth year, and this little girl had been sorted into Slytherin house, much to Eris' despise.

"Poor little mud blood," She fake pouted while hot tears dripped down her chubby freckled cheeks. Eris' posey snickered and stepped closer to the girl, giving her the feeling of being trapped, which she was.

"You ought to grow thicker skin if you are going to survive in Slytherin," She clicked her tongue and laughed, stepping away as she was pleased with the terrified look on the girls face.

  Eris smiled as she and her group walked away, hearing the mud bloods friends trying to console her loud sobs. She was an ugly crier, Eris grimaced as the sound began annoying her rather than pleasing her. "Are you always this cruel, Avery?" Blaise Zabinni laughed as he watched the first year girl cry into her friends shoulder. He had to admit, Eris was hot, but she was undoubtedly evil and no one could ever get close to her without getting their heads bitten off.

Eris smirked and shrugged flirtatiously, "Its a gift, really," She said.

Blaise chose his next words very carefully. He scoffed and said, "Some gift you got." Blaise was handsome, probably one of the most handsome to stroll through Hogwarts' doors this year. However, he was also one of the students Eris was most curious about.

His wealthy mother had been a widow seven times. All her husbands had died in mysterious ways. Each time they passed, her and Blaise collected a life insurance check, making the already wealthy family, wealthier. Eris deduced Mrs. Zabini - or whatever her current last name was- is killing her husbands off and collecting the healthy check that comes from it. Eris thought it was genius.

"You don't even know the half of it.." Eris trailed off with an evil glint sparkling in her eye. Blaise stared at her cautiously. He noted there was something dark brewing inside that girl, and he planned to stay as far away from her as he could.

"Mrs.Avery, could I please have a word with you," Professor McGonagall's stern voice rang out. She practically glared at the convening girl. Minerva stood with her hands clasped infront of her as she watched Eris' begin walking towards her. Minerva's gaze shifted to Blaise, he took the hint and sauntered off.

Minerva cleared her throat and said, "I have been informed that a first Slytherin year was crying hysterically in the girls loo. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you?" She said ominously and accusatory. Minerva watched a glint form in her eye that disappeared as quickly as it arrived.

Eris placed a fake overly large smile on her face and said, "I am afraid not Professor, I do hope she is alright," She smirked. Minerva studied the girl who gave her such an uneasy feeling.

"If you do know anything please let a professor know," Minerva said cautiously, knowing full well she was hinting that Eris was the cause. Eris nodded her head and began walking away. "Oh and one more thing Mrs.Avery!" Minerva called after the raven haired girl.

"Next time, we won't be so forgiving," She said sternly as she watched Eris' face fall into a scowl. Eris hummed and walked towards her.

Minerva took a step back as she watched the evil glint return to her eyes. All of sudden all her fear began disappearing as Eris' stepped closer. "It's okay.." Eris whispered quietly, which was terrifying.

"What are you doing.." Minerva questioned lowly and disoriented. It was like she was in a trance.

Eris chuckled quietly. "What I have to do," She whispered and tucked a fly away of Minerva's hair behind her ears. Eris cocked her head to the side and smiled menacingly, "Now.. What I want you to do is forget this ever happened Minerva," She whispered as she surged her powers forward.

Minerva's eyes blinked slowly as she was transfixed by Eris' eyes which she could have sworn were slits like a snake. "I'll forget this happened..." Minerva monotonously repeated back.

Eris chuckled happily and patted under Minerva's chin. "That's a good professor," She cackled. Eris' found herself so amusing. She could practically get away with whatever. "I am sure I will be seeing you around," She called back to the Professor as she walked out of the empty hallway.

Minerva blinked a couple times clearing her blurry vision. She furrowed her eyebrows as she realized she had no recollection of the last few moments. She walked away pondering why she was in that empty hallway by Slytherin dorms.

See, Veela's had a neat trick. One Eris had learned to harness and use for her own selfish reasons. Legend states Veela's could only charm men by their dance, but it was just that. A legend. Veela's did have a form of mind control and manipulation. If learned properly Veela's when they wanted, sent off waves of energy. Entrapping their victims into their charm. Their mind at the will of the Veela.

Eris Avery also had another neat trick up her sleeve. Thanks to her mothers genes she inherited the pyrokinetic gene. However, producing fire was extremely taxing on the body no matter how long or hard you train. Each time Eris had practiced with her fire she slept the rest of the day away.

She much preferred having people underneath her thumb anyways, so she didn't mind the downsides.