𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔦𝔦𝔦

𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔦𝔦𝔦 | 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔭𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔶

ERIS SIPPED HER DRINK SLOWLY, watching from the balcony as her classmates jumped and rubbed against each-other to the beat of the loud music. Parties always made Eris feel like the baddest bitch, with the flickering bright lights and the thump of the music in her chest, but this year she wasn't feeling it. "Fancy seeing you here instead of down there," Malfoy spoke as he stood beside Eris on the balcony, placing his forearms on the railing, leaning into them.

Draco didn't know if it was the fire whiskey giving him the courage to speak to the woman he was forbidden to talk to, or just the fact that he simply didn't care anymore. He only had a year left of freedom anyways. The multi-colored lights danced off Eris' skin, illuminated how dark her perfectly arched eyebrows were. The side-eye look she gave him nearly stopped his heart. Of course he noticed how beautiful she was, but he never noticed like he is now. "Such a shocker," She replies sarcastically while taking another big swig of her drink.

Draco furrowed his eyebrows. He couldn't have possibly said anything from the moment he walked up to now to offend the girl. "And why aren't you down there, rubbing up against your little girly friend," Eris asked while chuckling drunkly at her own stupid comment.

Draco scoffed, "It's not like that."

If he was being completely honest. Him and Pansy weren't even a thing. Sure they liked the occasional fuck, but it never meant anything more than that. They had been best friends since they were children.

Eris arched her eyebrow and hummed in response. She reverted her gaze off the beautiful blonde boy and back onto the party below her. She chuckled as Pansy grinded on a boy she didn't recognize. Parties sure did bring out the worst in people, especially men.

In the maze of people Eris watched as a 7th year gripped a small, intoxicated girl by her upper arm. The rest of the party was either to preoccupied or drunk to notice the girls pleas for him to stop. Each cry for help rang desperately in Eris' head. She swore her ears would never quit ringing with her terrified screams.

The boy harshly yanked the girl closer to him, and by the expression on the girls face Eris could tell it was something nasty. He then proceeded to roughly pull her towards the boys dormitory's despite her flinging soft drunken punches his way.

Eris narrowed her eyes at the scene. How could nobody else see this going on? There had to be atleast a hundred other people, and to add to the small girls bad luck; the only person that heard her is the only person who wouldn't do anything to save her.

Eris wasn't a knight in shining armor. Eris didn't save the day, she wasn't raised like that. People relying on her, needing her made her uneasy. Eris was raised to ruin the day, to cause fear and sadness, not be a hero. Once the girl disappeared she shook her head, as if she was trying to clear the thought of that girl from her head, which worked.

Draco and Eris rested in a comfortable silence. Only the sounds of the thumping music to fill the void they had created. "You're quite interesting, Malfoy," Eris slyly side while inching closer to him.

Draco furrowed his eyebrows and put a grin look on his face. "I could say quite the same about you, Avery," he responded, his body going stiff as if not to scare the girl away.

Eris laughed, "Oh I'm quite boring," she responded knowing full well she wasn't.

Draco scoffed. "Hardly." Eris' eyes flickered around the party looking for the small blonde girl, and she had yet to turn up again.

Draco had a question. It's part of the reason he had walked over to her tonight. He very quickly reached out and grabbed Eris' arm, yanking her towards the boy. She clumsily fell into him with a small squeak, her free hand falling on to his chest. "What are you doing?!" Eris spat out while yanking her arm out of his hold.

  Draco ignored her comment and bent down close to her ear and whispered, "Has you-know-who been to see your family yet?"

All the anger washed from the girls body. Her jaw tightened as she looked up at the boy who was astonishingly close to her. "I would assume," She bit out and then proceeded to say, "since you-know-who didn't believe my family was good enough to be in the grave yard."

Draco gulped, almost choking on his spit. His worries had come true. "You need to make it blatantly clear to the dark lord that you, and your family are nothing but loyal to him," he whispered very quickly. "There have been whispers that he thinks your loyalty is wavering."

Eris took a collective step back, and placed her arms back on the rails. Her family was unwaveringly loyal to him, he was just to paranoid. Hopefully her father knows about this and had some plan to solidify their bond. She just started her life, she'd really appreciate it if she didn't die before she even got to the good parts. "Are you sure about this," She asked Draco, while looking into his eyes.

The boys cold heart almost melted. It was the first time he'd ever seen any real emotion from the girl. She looked innocent in that moment. Her big black eyes peering up at him as if he could suddenly make all her problems go away, and he so badly wanted to."Almost positive. Why else wouldn't your family have been invited to the graveyard?" He responded.

Eris slowly nodded, turning away from Draco. "Thank-you, Malfoy," She said and promptly turned and left the party.