I | The Queen's Announcement | I

"Miss Avlyrra?"

Y/n heard someone knocking on the door. She immediately knew who it was because she could hear it to the voice and the careful. Y/n gave her the sign that they should come in. Her maid always called her by the name of her kingdom. Y/n had told her she could call her Y/n or whatever she wanted, and Niki thought it was very funny to call her Miss Avlyrra. She knew that Y/n hated it when someone would call her something like that, so she said that always on purpose.

The main reason Y/n did not like it to be called by her title or so, was because she was not very into the whole royalty thing. She wanted to be a normal girl, who could hang out with whoever she wanted, and that could have a lot of friends. Now, she couldn't she could not hang out with people and she did not have any friends. Her only friend was her maid, Wich she was not allowed to talk to, besides giving her an order. Of course, the Princess couldn't care less.

"Hi sweetheart, did you sleep well? I had to wake you up at your mother's request, but I think you were already awake. The Queen has an announcement to make." The girl in front of her had a very friendly smile. She had light pink hair and clear pale blue-green-colored eyes. The little dress she was wearing was pink too and matched her hair perfectly. Niki always wore Pink and always made sure everything was matching.

"Well, I woke up a few hours ago, so I started reading."

While Y/n answered, she held the book, that she was holding in her hand, in the air so Niki could see it. The book looked old and the pages were mainly yellow and brownish. The cover of the book was Burgundy with a golden crown on the front. The color of the book looked very similar to the colors of her kingdom. At least, the kingdom of her parents.

The princess was sitting on the windowsill in front of the huge window. It was large enough for her to sit cross-legged on it, mainly because the girl was pretty small. between her and the wall was a cushion and in front of her a pile of books. in the books at the bottom, she had put in some flowers, so they could dry and could use it as bookmarks.

"Do you make sure you get enough sleep, hon?" Niki's voice sounded very caring. She always wanted the best for Y/n.

Y/n nodded slightly, just enough to let Niki know she would. Y/n knew she had to go to her mother since her maid was just here to go get her, but she decided to finish the page she was reading first. Y/n read a lot of books, that was often to escape reality since they had many duties and did not want them.

Her parents wanted her to get married to one of the princes nearby, but Y/n had refused. No matter how much her parents wanted it, they could not force Y/n to do something, because they knew they would run away and escape the kingdom. It would not be the first time though, cause once she had a ball and she did not want to go, so she decided to flee. She was very smart, so the gatekeepers would never notice her running away and her guards could never keep up with her. Y/n knew all weaknesses in the palace and regularly used it.

Often she tried to escape to go to a flower field, right beside the Souris lake. The Souris lake was a border between two kingdoms. The kingdom of Edessa and the kingdom of Avlyrra. They were allies and both of the families could get along very well. Y/n's parents and the King and Queen of Edessa were very nice towards each other. However, Y/n didn't like them, to be specific, she did not like their son.

Dream, Prince of Edessa.
He was always very rude towards her and acted like she was a piece of shit or so. They did not want to talk to each other and they refused to be friends. Both, Y/n's and Dream's parents had tried to get them together and to get them to be really good friends, but it never turned out well. Y/n did not care whatsoever and had promised herself not to ever be friends or more than that with him.